Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Mongo Johnson

What's a realistic price match on this with West Marine

I'm looking at getting a pair of handheld Standard Horizon's with DSC, the 851. They're a bit expensive but threads here say West Marine and their add-on warranty are the ticket.

Can anyone give me a sense of which of these sellers is a realistic price match for WM. I've not gotten their online customer service to give me a straight answer. I don't want to go round-and-round, I just want to get to a good deal and get back on the wa-wa.

Link to Google shoping for the Standard Horizon 851.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
jorluivil

What's a realistic price match? I'm guessing its a price that will match or beat any others retailers price. If you can get it for the same price or even if you have to pay an additional few dollars I would make the purchase at West Marine, their return service is second to none and you will be dealing face to face with a human and not some phone prompts.

I've returned several items to them and have only had one issue, that was at the San Pedro store and that was the first time I tried to return something at that store, never again!!! I didn't give up so I made a trip to the Long Beach store, they took care of me......no questions asked.

This might help

http://www.westmarine.com/wcsstore/M...ceValuesBefore
We Won't Be Beat - Low Price Guarantee

Our low price guarantee is simple! If you find a lower price offered by one of our retail competitors* on identical, in-stock branded items, we will match the price of that item (without adding shipping or handling charges or taxes) within 30 days of purchase.
Which retail competitors do we price match?

Almost everyone! We price match:
  • Retailers with one or more stores located anywhere in the Continental U.S.;
  • Internet retailers with one or more store location(s) operating on a “full-time” basis e.g., during normal retail days/hours) located anywhere in the Continental U.S.; and
  • Certain “Internet Only” retailers without store locations* (ask a Store Associate or call 1-800 Boating (262-8464) for details).
  • For our Canada, Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico Stores, we price match any of the above in those markets only.
Which items do we price match?

Almost everything we sell! We price match identical branded items with the same features and U.S. warranty. The item must be in stock and available for purchase (we reserve the right to call and verify that the item is in stock).
How to price match

Step 1: Visit your local West Marine Store or call us at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464) and let your West Marine Associate know that your have a price match item to discuss.
Step 2: Provide the name of the competitor. Also, be prepared to provide the website address, item number and base price of the item.
Step 3: Please wait while the Associate confirms the price and in-stock availability of the item.
Step 4:Once confirmed, we will gladly match such competitor’s price as set forth above.
Please note that final merchandise price matching cannot be combined with other coupons or promotional offers. Prices, offers and our price matching policy are subject to change without notice. Price matching does not apply to online auctions, liquidation sales, refurbished or used merchandise, shipping charges, taxes, or promotions such as: mail-in offers, gift-with-purchase, financing offers, installation services, or typographical errors.
PRICES, OFFERS AND OUR LOW PRICE GUARANTEE POLICY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME AND FROM TIME TO TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
JeffB

I buy all my electronics from WM. my last FF I bought was left sitting on the back of my kayak, flew off at Sea World exit and then ran over a few times. Luckily I bought their warranty, took the FF in and they traded me for a new one no "?" Asked. They won me over for life. Plus if you find the same product for cheaper online or something, you just print off and take in the ad and they match the price.