Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2015, 08:08 PM   #1
Justin
Junior

Difference between Japanese saltiga 4000h from us saltiga ?

Hey guys anyone know the difference of Japanese version to the U.S. saltiga 4000h spinning. Only thing I see so far is the body color and Japan is $300 cheaper then the one's sold here. I'm looking to buy 1 just don't know was the difference is us better or Japanese version?
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:26 PM   #2
Cadillyak
Team Get $$

I try to always buy American. Just cause...
Cadillyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:30 PM   #3
liquidcocaine
Junior

Smile

http://daiwa-fishingshow.globeride.j...tiga/spec.html

Hi, i am newbie to this forum. To answer your is the daiwa japan offical website have a different weight of the 4000H of saltiga, but Line Per
Handle Turn is same. If you want warranty for the reel, America series is more suitable for you.....I think. Some reel's model has different style,color and spec....such as bait casting model of saltiga http://all.daiwa21.com/fishing/item/...iga/index.html

I hope it can help you to figure out which best for you....
liquidcocaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:11 AM   #4
HBOUND808

The Japanese versions are better, not just the saltigas. America gets the scraps. If you can buy Japanese, then do it.
HBOUND808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:02 AM   #5
tsugg
LOWSPARK

Jap reels

From what I've learned about jap reels they are built with a finer tooth gear system resulting in much smoother operation. As well as finer gear mesh they the best ceramic bearings they can find. A bass fishing buddy of mine has three of the curado equivelents and they are unreal, but he only runs them when he is fresh water LMB fishing.
tsugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:37 AM   #6
HBOUND808

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugg View Post
From what I've learned about jap reels they are built with a finer tooth gear system resulting in much smoother operation. As well as finer gear mesh they the best ceramic bearings they can find. A bass fishing buddy of mine has three of the curado equivelents and they are unreal, but he only runs them when he is fresh water LMB fishing.
That would be the shimano scorpion, and yes they are much nicer than the curados, I own 2.
HBOUND808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:02 AM   #7
EastLosYaker

Jap

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jap is an English abbreviation of the word "Japanese." Today it is generally regarded as an ethnic slur among Japanese minority populations in other countries, although English-speaking countries differ in the degree to which they consider the term offensive. In the United States, Japanese Americans have come to find the term controversial or offensive, even when used as an abbreviation. In the past, Jap was not considered primarily offensive; however, during and after the events of World War II, the term became derogatory.
EastLosYaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:04 AM   #8
tsugg
LOWSPARK

positive I mean no slur! very sorry.meant as an abbrev.

very sorry
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastLosYaker View Post
Jap

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jap is an English abbreviation of the word "Japanese." Today it is generally regarded as an ethnic slur among Japanese minority populations in other countries, although English-speaking countries differ in the degree to which they consider the term offensive. In the United States, Japanese Americans have come to find the term controversial or offensive, even when used as an abbreviation. In the past, Jap was not considered primarily offensive; however, during and after the events of World War II, the term became derogatory.
tsugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #9
EastLosYaker

I guess we just all have to watch what we say nowadays. I'm sure you meant nothing by it. See you on the water!
EastLosYaker is offline   Reply With Quote