Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2008, 09:56 PM   #1
bigbarrels

Central Baja

Heading to Central Baja Febuary 27th-March 4th and curious how the kayak fishing is down that way in the winter. The Area we are heading to is around Miller's landing but more specifically from Punto Cono to Punta Rosarito. I've read that the yellowtail that migrate to Southern California hang out in Central Baja in the winter....but not sure how accurate that is....doing a surf and kayak fishing combo trip and hope to score both good fishing and good waves...appreciate any feed back on this area...
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:53 AM   #2
'Cuda

Talking

Jeez....I wish I knew more about the area....maybe if I'd gone down more than the 13 times in a 12 month period in '06, I could be more helpful.
'Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:23 AM   #3
RubiconAg
Junior

Careful heading down there, hopefully by the time you head out on your trip the fighting between the cartels, policia and federales' is over with. I've heard through a friend that makes a two month long trip in Dec. and Jan. that he was advised not to go because of the unrest. Just my .02
RubiconAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
bigbarrels

Hey Cuda, any useful info on the area? Looking to go any time soon? We will have two 4x4's caravaning down and more people are always welcome.

RubiconAg....thanks for the advisory! Too bad things are the way they are down there....haven't heard of any recent (2008) stories regarding Americans down there...only drug cartel stuff..
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote