Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2021, 06:27 PM   #1
Hillbillymad

Where to start in Malibu

Going to Malibu for the first time and am asking for launch spots and any spots or tackle recommendations if your willing thanks !
Hillbillymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:29 PM   #2
fishnfoool

I like to launch at county line beach right by Neptunes net. I recommend wheels if you have them, if not then ask someone to help you carry your yak down the hill to the sand. Then drag it to the water. I like to Carolina rig mackerel that I catch with my sabiki there. Bring some plastics just in case the mackerel don't want to play. Good luck
fishnfoool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:33 PM   #3
Weso
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbillymad View Post
Going to Malibu for the first time and am asking for launch spots and any spots or tackle recommendations if your willing thanks !
Deer creek pretty straight forward launch. Lots of kelp beds. Bring a buddy to help carry the kayak up and down the staircase. Calico bass, wsb if lucky, and yellowtail.
Weso is offline   Reply With Quote