Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
Loudog

Fishing VS. Golf

I'm thinking about hitting NPH Sunday morning for Fathers day. Is that bad of me or is anyone else hittin the water for a few hours?

I have a few friends playing golf that morning and no one seemed to think its a big deal to play a round of 18. I've told a few peeps that I was thinking about fishing for a few hours on Fathers day and they made it seem like I was leaving me family to go have a good time with out them... But I guess if I said i was going to go play golf in the morning for a few hours that would have been ok...
Loudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
fishsouthcounty

im assuming by your name your a guy...fathers day is for you....not for your family. do what you want (disclaimer: single unattached to a family 25 year old; i could be way off on that one)
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsouthcounty View Post
im assuming by your name your a guy...fathers day is for you....not for your family. do what you want (disclaimer: single unattached to a family 25 year old; i could be way off on that one)
I don't think so Tim...you are absolutely right...get out there and get some, it's father's day....happy fathers day to all and to all good fishing this weekend...
Old 06-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
TEAMFISH
Team Kayak Obesessions

Father's day is ABSOLUTLY for you. I tell the wife and son to leave a card next to the coffee pot and then leave me alone the rest of the day. No honey-do's, no nagging, no questions. Any Bow-chigga-bow-wow is acceptable though
TEAMFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
CheapPelican

Give them an opportunity to do something nice for you, especially if you have little ones, but reserve most of the day for yourself.
CheapPelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #6
Loudog

OH don't get me wrong I'm going fishing! I'll be at NPH by 7:am
Old 06-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
Matar
I am just me.

I am hitting NPH on Fathers days. I told the family they can come and if they dont want to good bye. The wife and daughter are staying home and the boy is coming with me. On the water at 6 is to early for the wemen.
Matar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
Enceladus

Father's day is still for my old man, so I'll be at his house grilling the carne asada for the family. Someday, when Father's day is for me I'll be out there with you even if it's only for a half-day.

Good luck!
Enceladus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
tagyak

my daughter has already given me a card that said "i hope that you have a lovely fathers day i don't care if you go fishing or golfing all i care about is that you have fun cause it is your day what ever it is to have fun".

now that is from an 8 year old. i think she has a clear understanding of what a father day is about. now for me i'm planning on golfing on saturday and maybe go fishing on sunday......
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #10
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagyak View Post
my daughter has already given me a card that said "i hope that you have a lovely fathers day i don't care if you go fishing or golfing all i care about is that you have fun cause it is your day what ever it is to have fun".

now that is from an 8 year old. i think she has a clear understanding of what a father day is about. now for me i'm planning on golfing on saturday and maybe go fishing on sunday......
You raised some good kids there....but golf???....lol Happy Fathers day!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #11
Loudog

I'll be in a Dark green Xfactor just sitting past the mouth of the jetty.