Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Akiva1080
Junior

Malibu Kayaks has got my vote!

Too often we read about all the faults and negatives people find with their equipment and this causes others to write easily off a company. Or perhaps the equipment is satisfactory but their customer service isn't up to par.
I'd like to share the terrific experience I just had w/ MK.

The center rectangular hatch on my pro2 tandem had gotten some light cracks in it causing it to bow. This allowed a decent amount of water (not a huge amount, but more than I was happy with) into the hull. Mind you I'm only 5'7 160lbs. It must have been from all the massive catches I pulled up on it

Here you can clearly see light thru it.

I contacted Milo over at MK and they had them even tho the 6 key cover isn't being used and the 4 key replaced it. Asked me to shoot some pics of the lid and the KPO #. I did and he said they'd send me a replacement. I figured why not go down there myself, so I did.

Unfortunately, I guess I got a little too excited on the way, b/c I had a nice blowout on the 101.

Looks like a great white had at it

In true fisherman fashion, shorts and flip flops I changed that tire and ran down to MK.
Met Milo, and he was amazing. Explained a lot to me about their boats and they certainly take pride in their company and showed concern for my enjoying the kayak. MK has got a customer for life!
Akiva1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
Big T
Member, You Member!

I'm treated with total respect and attention anytime I go there.
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
Cbad Mike

Excellent to know as a Stealth owner. Sounds like the only other way they could have treated you better is if they came out and fixed your flat for you.
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:38 AM   #4
Phatford
Heroes on the Water Staff

Wow, that is good to hear! All around good company...

Malibu also donated a one off red, white, and blue yak to Heros on the water for the raffle coming up July 4th.
Phatford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
Siebler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatford View Post
Wow, that is good to hear! All around good company...

Malibu also donated a one off red, white, and blue yak to Heros on the water for the raffle coming up July 4th.

Malibu is always doing something for the community and yes, this is the latest deal...

http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...ater%2C/Detail

You can also get raffle tickets in store via cash/check or email/pm if you want to order by cash/check and are not local.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote