Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
Fish4Fun

Wheeleez Kayak Cart with Pro Angler

Can anyone share their experience with this cart used with the Pro Angler? How does it fit the PA's twin hull? What is the best position to place it under he PA? Have the Hobie Bait tank so I am not inclined to use the Hobie Plug In. Perhaps their is a better cart option? Thanks in advance for sharing.
Fish4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
dc1983

I have the outback and use the hobie plug In cart then when I take it off I hook up the intake for the hobie bait tank.
dc1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish4Fun View Post
Can anyone share their experience with this cart used with the Pro Angler? How does it fit the PA's twin hull? What is the best position to place it under he PA? Have the Hobie Bait tank so I am not inclined to use the Hobie Plug In. Perhaps their is a better cart option? Thanks in advance for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1983 View Post
I have the outback and use the hobie plug In cart then when I take it off I hook up the intake for the hobie bait tank.
x2

Using the Wheeleez cart is going to cost you much more time and hassle then simply moving the bait tank. I do it all the time and it takes all of 5 seconds to undo the clips and turn the tank on its side, or put it on the seat.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
Can anyone share their experience with this cart used with the Pro Angler? How does it fit the PA's twin hull?
If you use the Wheeleez Kayak cart

You will want to set it up with the cart toward the bow and pull it from the stern.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
JNAST13ST
Living Da Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
If you use the Wheeleez Kayak cart

You will want to set it up with the cart toward the bow and pull it from the stern.
someone should get with hobie and make a cart that plugs in the mirage drive for people with this and scupper mounts
Old 07-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
roadx

i have the wheeleez cradle style cart i purchased from wheeleez. i use it for my PA 12 and the outback before that.

if you need to go through sand, the wheeleez wheels are awesome!

i do not like the scupper cart. i had to replace my outback haul because it ruptured the scupper hole and i damn near sank off of LJ. thats why i got the cradle style, paranoia

there is no easy solution when it comes to carts. if using the scupper type, you have to lean the yak on it side to insert the wheels, so... all your loose gear slides off the yak in the process.
the cradle style you have to lift the yak onto the cart and then strap it to the yak. even though i have to fit the yak to the cart, it's still better than the scupper carts in my opinion.

the wheeleez cart fits the PA 12 better than the outback. neither one is a perfect fit but close enough to work out of the box.
use a little bit of paddling (pool noddle) for the outback to make it fit better.
if you put the wheels right over the hobie logo it will be balanced and is very easy to maneuver, pushing or pulling.

the wheeleez wheels are worth every penny if you pull your yak across sand or uneven surfaces.

Last edited by roadx; 07-15-2012 at 07:55 PM.
roadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadx View Post
i have the wheeleez cradle style cart i purchased from wheeleez. i use it for my PA 12 and the outback before that.

if you need to go through sand, the wheeleez wheels are awesome!

i do not like the scupper cart. i had to replace my outback haul because it ruptured the scupper hole and i damn near sank off of LJ. thats why i got the cradle style, paranoia

there is no easy solution when it comes to carts. if using the scupper type, you have to lean the yak on it side to insert the wheels, so... all your loose gear slides off the yak in the process.
the cradle style you have to lift the yak onto the cart and then strap it to the yak. even though i have to fit the yak to the cart, it's still better than the scupper carts in my opinion.

the wheeleez cart fits the PA 12 better than the outback. neither one is a perfect fit but close enough to work out of the box.
use a little bit of paddling (pool noddle) for the outback to make it fit better.
if you put the wheels right over the hobie logo it will be balanced and is very easy to maneuver, pushing or pulling.

the wheeleez wheels are worth every penny if you pull your yak across sand or uneven surfaces.
Max weight is 88lb per wheel.

Pro Angler 14 (op has)
  • Fitted Hull Weight: 110 lbs / 49.9 kg
  • Fully Rigged Weight: 138 lbs / 62.6 kg

Throw some water in the hull, fishing gear, the bait tank, batteries and hopefully a 40# or and you'll exceed the load. That would be my only concern. Having to unload everything before pulling the boat. If you're pulling the boat, your vehicle isn't that close and who likes making multiple trips?

Real men make one trip

Last edited by Drake; 07-15-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
Fish4Fun

Hobie Plug In

The Hobie Trax II has similar 176 lbs capacity, so both carts will be faced with the same weight problems.

My question now is "Has anyone tried using a different scupper position" other than the bait tank positions?
Fish4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #9
kenaka
Junior

wheeleez

I just got one last week. I used it twice, both times in soft sand. It fits my PA 14 very well. I use it in combination with my scupper hole wheels, that way I don't have to support the wieght up front and try to pull that gunship thru the sand. 4 wheels roll easier in the sand. The back half of the frame rest perfect on the midsection of the hull and the front half just falls in place if you place it about midship, also helps to balance the wieght.
kenaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #10
Old Man in the Sea

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Man in the Sea
my solution

I use this one - remove the bait tank - works fine through soft sand -
5X easier than standard wheels that get stuck...

http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...el-Cart/Detail
Old Man in the Sea is offline   Reply With Quote