Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2017, 01:45 PM   #1
Saba Slayer

Warden Stamp

When buying your 2017 fishing license please consider purchasing the additional $5 Warden Stamp...It supports the DFW K-9 program and provides equipment and training to help stop wildlife crimes.
www.wildlife.ca.gov/warden-stamp

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:28 PM   #2
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Is that not supported by the license fees and so many other taxes we pay already? Both directly and indirectly?

And why do we need a special CDFW division of expensive trained dogs, dog equipment, dog living quarters, dog delivery infrastructure, dog poop removal personnel, dog food, dog medical plans, and dedicated dog handlers with guns riding around with their K-9 dog law enforcement partners on very expensive patrol boats like in the picture above?

Just curious.

Drain the swamp. MAGA.

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 01-04-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:21 PM   #3
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

F'the stamp.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:47 AM   #4
Saba Slayer

Get serious and look at the facts...

Look at some facts...we would be in a world of hurt without our Wardens...!
Are you guys really that against supporting our Wardens? Why???
We are talking about a $5 donation...? With all the budget cuts that's just a drop in the barrel.
If you really don't believe in the system don't buy a fishing license this year.
La Jolla is getting a little crowded anyway!

"THE IMPORTANT POINT HERE, IN MY OPINION, IS GETTING THE MONEY TO THE “BOOTS ON THE GROUND”. IF YOUR $5 (OR MORE, IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT) RESULTS IN SOME EQUIPMENT, TRAINING OR WHAT HAVE YOU THAT HELPS CATCH A POACHER IN YOUR AREA THE PAYOFF MAY BE MORE GAME OR MORE FISH FOR YOU AND YOURS TO LEGALLY HARVEST. AND, THE BOTTOM LINE IS, THAT’S WHAT’S IMPORTANT.

Quoting the DFG web site on the Warden stamp:
“Game Wardens are responsible for protecting more than 1,000 native fish and wildlife species, 6,300 native plant species and 360 threatened or endangered species California’s 159,000 square miles of land (414 square miles per warden) 1,100 miles of coastline, 30,000 miles of rivers and streams, 4,800 lakes and reservoirs and 80 major rivers. Game Wardens patrol on foot, by plane, boat, all-terrain vehicles, snow mobiles, and even on horseback There is one game warden for every 200,000 constituents.

The stamps are $5 each and the funds go into a special account. The money is used to provide our Game Wardens with additional equipment, training and new programs, such as new communications and surveillance devices, protective equipment, training in specialized areas, new law enforcement programs such as the DFG’s K-9 Program and to assist them in their duties.

Due to State budget cuts, non-hunting / fishing politicians feel that the DFG is a “painless” way to cut back on the budget by giving the DFG less to do more with.

Game Wardens work hard to educate those they encounter in the outdoors, as well as school children in the classroom, about the importance of resource conservation, pollution prevention, and the importance of a healthy natural environment. These men and women dedicate their lives to ensuring our resources are here for future generations. You do not have to be an outdoor enthusiast to help, just someone who cares about protecting California’s wildlife populations and conserving the habitats in which they live.”
In recent years, CDFW’s budget has been significantly reduced due to the state’s economic downturn. These reductions have overwhelmed CDFW’s Law Enforcement Division. Recognizing the dire situation, an advocacy group proposed the idea of selling a “Game Warden Stamp” to raise additional funds to support Game Wardens critical work on behalf of California’s natural resources.

Game Wardens are responsible for protecting more than 1,000 native fish and wildlife species, 6,300 native plant species and 360 threatened or endangered species. California’s 159,000 square miles of land (414 square miles per warden), 1,100 miles of coastline, 30,000 miles of rivers and streams, 4,800 lakes and reservoirs and 80 major rivers. Game Wardens patrol on foot, by plane, boat, all-terrain vehicles, snow mobiles, and even on horseback. There is one game warden for every 200,000 constituents.

Game Wardens work hard to educate those they encounter in the outdoors, as well as school children in the classroom, about the importance of resource conservation, pollution prevention, and the importance of a healthy natural environment. These men and women dedicate their lives to ensuring our resources are here for future generations. You do not have to be an outdoor enthusiast to help, just someone who cares about protecting California’s wildlife populations and conserving the habitats in which they live.”

Last edited by Saba Slayer; 01-05-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:05 AM   #5
Reiner

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll purchase 1 once I buy my license.
Reiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:06 AM   #6
Mahigeer

It costs less than one burger meal at the most fast food places.

A pack of smoke costs more.

Not to mention beer that one will piss it out in a few hours.

The wardens put their lives on line to protect what we all love.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:26 AM   #7
kirkdavis

It is a shame, but I agree

As a Hunter Education Instructor I have worked with our Game Wardens, and I know that they had years of furloughs due to budget cuts/constraints. What I can't figure out is how the Cal Government can steal money that is meant specifically for them from the Dingell-Jonson and Pittman-Robertson Acts.
The Game Wardens are spread thin in this state, and although this support should not be needed if we had a decent state government, we don't, so the support is needed.
I will buy the stamp, and hope the government is not able to find a way to appropriate (steal) these funds as well.
kirkdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:18 AM   #8
Dirty Curti

Would it buy me forgiveness or a free pass if I accidentally drifted into an MLPA?

I can afford an extra $5.00 for the doggies. I like doggies. Except those water doggies...I hate those water doggies.

Gawd fishing is to slow!

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:26 AM   #9
Sivak

F the stamp! That is why we pay taxes and buy licenses. California needs to be financial responsible instead of frivolous spending and no accountability. Supporting this hand out program allows the bad behavior to continue.
Sivak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:26 AM   #10
WARRIORMIKE

its got to be a two way street here. Yea its only $5, but in actuality its really a lot more than that. The big picture is this. California continues to raise the prices of fishing license every year. While fish stocking decrease. If prices decreased on the fishing licenses I may be more willing to chip in and help out. California is becoming more corrupt with fees than any other state. It really is starting to become silly with fees for this and fees for that. The people of California are not as excited anymore with hunting/fishing fees continuously going up with nothing in return. If this tread continues, we will see a decline with our youth in the outdoors .

Like some one mentioned above, isn't our licenses supposed to already go to helping out wardens and staff for catching poachers?? If not, why?

Last edited by WARRIORMIKE; 01-05-2017 at 09:42 AM.
WARRIORMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #11
Baja_Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORMIKE View Post
its got to be a two way street here. Yea its only $5, but in actuality its really a lot more than that. The big picture is this. California continues to raise the prices of fishing license every year. While fish stocking decrease. If prices decreased on the fishing licenses I may be more willing to chip in and help out. California is becoming more corrupt with fees than any other state. It really is starting to become silly with fees for this and fees for that. The people of California are not as excited anymore with hunting/fishing fees continuously going up with nothing in return. If this tread continues, we will see a decline with our youth in the outdoors .

Like some one mentioned above, isn't our licenses supposed to already go to helping out wardens and staff for catching poachers?? If not, why?
I was pretty much going to say exactly this.

I cant trust our corrupt Kalifornia government to actually get any of that $5 to its intended destination. More than likely it will be used by Sacramento in an effort to take away more of our rights - both gun and fishing!
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:27 AM   #12
paddle man

I ASKED THE DMV

I CALLED THE DMV AND ASKED IF THEY WOULD DROP $5.00 OFF MY $300.00 A YEAR TAGS FOR A 2001 TRUCK THEN IN RETRN I WOULD PAY THE EXTRA $5.00 WAITING FOR REPLY
paddle man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:46 AM   #13
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
Are you guys really that against supporting our Wardens? Why???
You don't get it. Not supporting the stamp does not equal not supporting the wardens. Fix the root of the problem as others have mentioned instead of throwing more money at them so they can continue their abuse. That's where your lobbying should be focused. Drain the swamp.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:58 AM   #14
DanaPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddle man View Post
I CALLED THE DMV AND ASKED IF THEY WOULD DROP $5.00 OFF MY $300.00 A YEAR TAGS FOR A 2001 TRUCK THEN IN RETRN I WOULD PAY THE EXTRA $5.00 WAITING FOR REPLY

$300 for 2001 truck?
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:58 AM   #15
kirkdavis

Not only the license fee

The two acts mentioned above put a pre-sale tax on almost every kind of hunting and fishing sales, from bullets and guns to rods, reels and lures. The money also goes to habitat restoration, purchase of wildlife ares, fish hatcheries etc. In this way alone, sportsmen like us do more towards the protection of fish and wildlife than all of the tree huggers who spend most of their money on litigation lawyers.
kirkdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:35 PM   #16
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Curti View Post
Would it buy me forgiveness or a free pass if I accidentally drifted into an MLPA?

I can afford an extra $5.00 for the doggies. I like doggies. Except those water doggies...I hate those water doggies.

Gawd fishing is to slow!
Old 01-05-2017, 08:59 PM   #17
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

It has nothing to do with being shamed for not spending "$5" more when we pay for our fishing license tax. Nor for being patted on the head with a warm fuzzy ego stroke for our heart-felt $5 of compassionate generosity.

It's about a never ending expansion of mindless government bureaucracy and ballooning socialized welfare in the form of government so-called jobs and government spending ... hiring lots of people at enormous expense to taxpayers and our economy who produce nothing at all, or far less than the cost to hire and support all these people, vehicles, buildings, equipment, meetings, studies, political money laundering, and so on. Five dollars is not a measure of anything when it comes to reckless and wasteful government spending of money they did not earn or produce themselves. It is overwhelming our economy. Bureaucracies never shrink. They will just keep expanding until until they collapse under their own weight. As peasants and pissants, we are all bled dry in this process.

They put their lives on the line? Some do, or have, I'm sure, but for the most part, that's another empty homily to shame us for questioning what they do, or for not coughing up more money for the coffers of those who expect to rule over us by orders and demands they generate themselves.

We all put our lives on the line, every time we walk out the door. Only as non-government-sanctioned citizens we are not allowed to wear a gun on our belt to protect ourselves and we have to pay for our own bullets.

Another new layer of expensive trained dogs and equipment will not make "busting poachers" any more efficient, especially from a patrol boat. Using cute dogs to touch our hearts is most likely just another PR stunt. It's a maneuver to suck more money and increase spending. What cold-hearted bastard can refuse a mere $5 add-on for a cuddly loyal dog? In reality, it's called a Trojan Horse and we are being played.

Our national debt is now 20 trillion dollars. It has MORE than doubled since the obama administration took over a mere 8 years ago. It went up 50% during the previous administration. Unfunded liabilities are somewhere in the uncountable hundreds of trillions because of this kind of delusional thinking and reckless behavior. This does not bode well for our future and for future generations. http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Anyway, that's all from me. This is a fishing forum .... not a politics forum, or government expansion forum, or redistribution of wealth forum. I barely have enough money to pay my own bills with what's left after everything that's extorted from me in all aspects of my life by the frivolous and unaccountable spenders who keep piling on and never stop demanding more.

With all due respect, this is not a personal attack. It's a fundamental voice of reason.

Too many ticks kill the dog. Meaning US, not the handsome German Shepard standing proudly on the bow of a shiny new patrol boat for a photo op.

Inane and bloated government intrusion into all aspects of our lives is too much, especially in California. Altogether, it is unsustainable.

Have a nice day

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 01-06-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:51 PM   #18
Ro12

This is interesting
Haven't got my fishing license yet for this year
Fishing been slow for me
But I did drink a few tonight
Lot more than 5 bucks worth
I'm tipsy right now
Could actually be drunk
5 bucks wouldn't even put a dent in the tip tonight
But yeah
I'm a little conflicted
Wanna keep fishing
Wanna help the fishery
Gonna renew my license soon
Will my 5 extra bucks go to a good cause
Or will it just increase to 10 next year
And nothing changes
Not that I might even notice a change
Read a thread not too long ago
Couple days ago maybe at most
Bout the second rod stamp
Been payin that for as long as I been buyin a license
Didn't know it was for fresh water
I only fish in the salt
So that right there already saves me some money
Thanks to whoever posted that and saved me dough
Anyway
I'd like to help wherever help is needed
Ro12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:47 AM   #19
GoGoGoJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaPT View Post

$300 for 2001 truck?

$400 for 2001 truck if you'll pay for registration fee...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoGoGoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:32 AM   #20
janines.fishtales@cox.net

Law Enforcement

Look, I too am a law enforcement officer. I support most all of them (let's face it, there are some bad apples in uniform out there). AND, I love doggies, especially German Shepards! I believe to do their jobs to the best of their ability requires good equipment and I support that whole heartedly.

I have been buying fishing licenses my whole life, and I agree, that should be enough. This is not about the fine ladies and gentlemen who are game wardens. They will do their jobs no matter what, because that's what good public servants do. This is about the State of California, that even though I love and am proud of, has mismanaged funds and expects us to pay even more.

That said, I will buy the stamp, not for the state, but for the law enforcement officers, Game Wardens included, who risk their lives on a daily basis. If it will help them, I'm in. To all LE's out there, thank you for what you do in these trying times!

J