Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-07-2022, 04:40 PM   #1
bubbacee7

Been A Year and a Half

Happy Friday Fishing Family,

Been at least a year and a half I think since I have been on the water. Fishinmike, our sister and I were caring for our Pops who passed from Parkinson’s last November and as we promised we have continued to remain at the house to care for our mom and the love oh his life. Been so long that I almost forgot my paddles and my poles.

Well I got out on the water to take a little birthday time for myself. Launched at the Shelter Island launch ramp. Scooted out casting my plastics and trolled some. Water was about 67 and it was warm above the water. Not many out on the bay. Lots of water movement, seaweed and grass. All in my way. Missed a couple bites but ended up snagging two spotties that were toads and a sandie that was subway size. Hooked into something big off of the Shelter Island Pier but it got wrapped up and couldn’t get him out.

All and all not a bad 3 hours of me time.

Thanks Dad for teaching me the love of fishing and being a great father to us. Love you and miss you.
Attached Images

bubbacee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 02:56 PM   #2
Nobody

Nice job. It's good to be able to fish and reflect on the good ol' days at the same time.
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 11:40 PM   #3
JohnMckroidJr

Condolences for the loss of your Dad. I lost my older brother to Parkinson's earlier this year... way too young, it sucks! Awesome that your dad inspired your fishing and Good to see you back at it
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 10:15 AM   #4
Pinhead
We all Stink Sometimes!

I'm a bit late to this post and am sincerely sorry for the loss of your Father. My Mother passed away from Parkinson's almost exactly 2 years ago 10/30/2020, leaving my Father behind. Helping them navigate through the loss and their loneliness, is also tough. Your Mother will be blessed by your every visit and phone call. Promise you that

Good to hear you are back out on the water. I had a long break of a few years myself and am getting out once again. Nice fish.... Keep at it and enjoy !!!
Pinhead is offline   Reply With Quote