Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
carlos2675
Junior

question about suttle differences between these kayaks

I have a question about suttle differences between these kayaks can anyone tell me the differences / pros and cons of each kayak??

prowler 15

prowler trident 15

angler addition prowler 15

the obvious differences's in the angler addition are noticeable, but whats the main difference in the p-15 and the p -trident 15??

• Battery storage bag in bow hatch
•Rod Pod
•Two Flush mounted rod holders
•Small tackle box
•Angler graphics
carlos2675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

The Trident would be like the Prowler on steroids.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:16 AM   #3
Jim Sammons LJKF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
The Trident would be like the Prowler on steroids.
That would about cover it! But here is a little more detail.

The T15 has much more volume than the P15 meaning it will carry much more weight and is a much drier ride.
The T15 is a bit longer then the P15.
The biggest advantage of the T15 over the P15 is the addition of the Rod Pod for easy storage of your rods and gear.

If you are a bigger guy or like to carry a lot of gear the T15 is a great choice. If you are smaller and want a boat that is a little livelier and lighter than you won't be unhappy with the P15.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #4
Matt
Support your local pangas

Get the trident, much, much more dry ride and way larger weight capacity!! Ya never know when you may need to store something like that!!! And if your lucky enough that load can weigh about 45,35,30 which is a bit of weight!! Also the trident can more than keep up with any guy in a prowler!! Good luck on your purchase!! Go see Rik up in Kearny Mesa OEX he has all those models in stock!! He also has a large demo day coming up!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #5
Geoffkoop

Those look like good boats, I almost ended up with one. I was sick of watching my friends peddle around me on Hobies. If you have the money, I would just be patient and buy a used Hobie on Craigslist.

Last edited by Geoffkoop; 08-05-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Geoffkoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
JrBasser

To be honest, I sold my p15 for the t15, and I kinda of miss it :/ That being said, I still LOVE my trident.

In my personal oppinion, the prowler 15 footwells are much more comfortable if you do not plan on having a rudder, and not wearing a dive boot. The footwells in the trident are enough to support your foot, but not comfortably unless you have the rudder peg. (Again let me throw out that this is all opinion). The few subtle paddlling differneces, the trident will take a little more to get up to speed than the p15, but will cruise just as fast. The T15 is made worlds better by the addition of a rudder. It has a tad wider turning radius without one than the p15 unless you do so. It also tracks amizingly well so its nice to have the rudder to be able to veer off to the side quickly when a school of yellows blow up. The rod pod is an awesome feature, but to be honest, I rarely use it to actually store my rods. It is actually quite useful to have that Large hatch, and large flat deck to be able to work on and do whatever aside from the fact that you can throw in your rods from your seat. I did not like the cheesey sonar shield at first. But now I love it. My fish finder never leaves my boat, and is never in danger of being broken or lost. Plus I don't have to shade it when the sun is behind me.

As far as T15 and the t15 angler go, I have no clue how the pricing for the boat and hatches are now, but when I got mine, it was a better deal to buy the non angler edition, and just add the rod holders. You don't get the cool little decal, but if that really bothers you.... Basically it all comes down to personal preference. Either way you will be happy. I think you will be happier with the t15 if you can afford the rudder, and the p15 without it. That could also very well be that the prowler 15 is suited towards a smaller guy than the t15, and I don't take too much capacity off my boat. I do know that there are a lot of happy guys with non ruddered tridents. I think it all depends on what you really want to spend.
JrBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #7
Geoffkoop

That being said, I know when i was looking around for yaks 6 months ago, Sport Chalet had huge deals on both of those kayaks during the "off season" (a few hundred off). The one near my house only has them in the store during the summer, but could order them anytime of year from their warehouse and receive it in about a week.
Geoffkoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #8
bender0240

I agree with seeing Rik at OEX Kearny Mesa. I've done a bunch of business with him. He's super knowledgeable and you can feel safe about what you're buying-that you're not getting jacked.
bender0240 is offline   Reply With Quote