Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #21
GregAndrew

Another thing I have found very helpful is using some type of method for preventing the bait from rehooking itself. Lost lots of fish after a short fight only to see that they were never really hooked, just holding on to the bait that was double hooked with no point showing. Weedless hooks are my choice for this right now. I have been using Gamakatsu WG weedless wire hooks, but am now attempting to make my own.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #22
taggermike

Great video. It's similar to the set ups I use for deeper water. In the back bays or shallower water I like a carolina sliding sinker rig. I have gotten away from the trap hook though. I found I caught more shorts but not more legal fish with teh rear treble. These shorts were also more torn up and took longer to unhook and return to the water. I also got tired of of gut hooking sand bass with the stinger. Thats just me. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote