Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
Siebler

San Diego Heros on the Water

Hey guys we are finally getting really close to having a HOW chapter here.

Is there anybody on BWE who is interested (and has the time) to hold a position on the leadership team? We need a secretary and a treasure at the moment. I have a few guys in mind however would love to see who here would also be interested in case we still need somebody.

As for more broad chapter stuff, just trying to finish doing paperwork right now. OEX/KFS will be doing a few benefit things before our first HOW event. First HOW event will be coming probably June/July as I feel that it deserves a lot of time and undivided attention to plan. I dont want to try to shove planning in at same time as my wedding planning and having it half-assed. For this event I will post up and email those who have already contacted me about volunteering.

Stayed tuned for info on the Benefit events and also if you are interested in helping on this level I need right now please PM or email me at cj@oeexpress.com

Thanks BWE!

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
robmandel

I'd love to help. I'm kinda far away, up in northern part of LA. but I had a great time with the wounded warriors day we did at DP and would love to keep it going. lemme know what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
I dont want to try to shove planning in at same time as my wedding planning
I hope that implies you have a wedding planning business

otherwise your fishing and hunting days are numbered
robmandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
Jim Sammons LJKF

CJ you can count on me to be there for any events when I am in town and I have plenty of kayaks and fishing gear to loan also if needed. Thanks for putting this together.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
Devildawgjj
Kayak BOOT

I can play...umm help Let me know what you want from me.

The last time I volunteered for something, it was an eight year commitment, WTF?

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

-- Thomas Paine
Devildawgjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
Siebler

Rob,

I am actually registering this chapter as the Southern California chapter as opposed to San Diego because I do plan to hold events based out of Huntington since we have the resources up there along with down here and there are plenty of guys up that way. I will for sure be calling on the LA guys to volunteer when we do events up there. There are a few of you that I specifically want to ask to help including yourself.

Jim,

Stoked to have you helping when possible as is Jim Dolan and everybody else. Having guys like you will make this events much easier since dealing with new kayak anglers is something that is dealt with a lot. Looking forward to meeting with you and the leadership team once everything is finalized.

Right now trying to build the solid leadership team because everybody in the HOW organization agrees that this chapter has potential to QUICKLY become the nations largest due to our strong military presence and the ability to hold events all year long in the SD weather. Volunteers will of course be needed for this events and from what I have seen MANY of you are willing to help and I greatly appreciate it.

Again anybody interested in holding a position on the team please let me know so we can get some paperwork to you and get the chapter official and allow us to raise some money. I know there are a few vets on here that would be great for this stuff. Dont be afraid to contact me, this positions while are very important shouldnt be something that is going to consume your lives. The time you put in will greatly be appreciated by all those we help.

We are very lucky to having the backing of OEX for our chapter and it will make events SO much easier than other chapters. We also have several companies that want to help make us successful. You just cant beat the support we have. I already have a good bit of sponsorship and all taken care of, just need some help with keeping everything organized as this grows.

HOW is truly one of the best organizations out there, it is much more personal than Wounded Warriors and is specific to this sport that we love so much. Wether you are a Vet who wants to help your brothers/sisters or you have not served and want to give back to those who have given so much to you, this si your opportunity.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
AZYakNewb

CJ, sent you an email and my contact info. Let me know if you can use me. I am perfectly willing to hold a leadership spot.
AZYakNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #7
Siebler

Brian, Always can use you man. Looking forward to having you on board.

Guys YakMedic has agreed to be our Secretary however I now need a treasurer. Anybody thats good with money want to take this on? I will help a great bit with it however we need it for the "Official" stuff.