Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #1
ctfphoto

A Very Timely Report ... Today June 13th ... The Jewel

Full moon last night, super small swell, beautiful weather with no wind. Sounds like another perfect day at the Jewel.

I have been slowly weaning myself off of the patch for seasickness, first I would reusing the patch up to 5 times, then by cutting them in half, then quarters, then 1/8ths. Today was suppose to be a very small swell so I said today is the day, no patch at all, just Ginger Snaps which worked fantastic.

Launched at 6 AM, with through the surf and WTF, I am total dry, wow. I rarely time waves going out and usually take a couple over the head and get drenched.

Easy paddle out of the reserve. The current was sucking south. At first hard to find bait, found one greenback and started trolling it. Ran into Mike and he said there's a lot of bait down there right here. My fish finder is broken so I thank you for the info.

Started using my No Sabiki Technique™ to ONLY catch the perfect size Greenbacks, no spanish, no smelt …. throw your sabiki away
Caught over 10 perfect greenback in fifteen minutes.

Started trolling and putting in time on the water. Went way out, then started back to my favorite spot. As soon as I got to my favorite area, started to take pee and of course right at that moment, the rod start peeling line (I had already dealt with a few seals) but this was different, just like a large yellowtail. Engaged the reel and BENDO! Started a very nice sleigh ride into the open ocean, I thought anyway. Of course the fish found the hidden kelp below the surface. Luckily he was only in it for one minute. Popped it, then back to a nice sleigh ride, sweet. Pulled me around for about 15 minutes until I saw color. Tired Yellowtail make for an easy gaff. Cliff came by on a private boat and shot an on the water photo for me, thanks bro. I will post it when I get it.

Today it was "time on the water" …..there was no wide open bite as I saw many fisherman and didn't see or hear of any other Yellows. Hooked up at 10:30 AM.

Fish came in at 32 pounds bled out so I'm calling it a 33 pound personal best yellowtail. They just keep getting bigger.

Me thinks this is going to be an awesome year for fishing, ummm I mean it is ……..
Attached Images

Last edited by ctfphoto; 06-14-2014 at 06:13 AM.
ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote