Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 07-25-2016, 03:48 PM   #1
Pocoloco

la jolla tuesday?

Anyone headed out tommorow
Pocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:54 PM   #2
fishnfoool

Good Luck

Was gonna go tomorrow but house stuff came up. Will try for Thursday if conditions look good.

Hope you catch the big one. Stay safe out there.
fishnfoool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:45 AM   #3
TJones

Stay home ( half moon blues)

It was a Lake most of the day even around the corner, leaving debris and grass all on the surface making it difficult to keep your line clear. Saw a PB hook one up early in tight on the dropper. I went around corner and was fortunate to land one early. Greenies were scarce and my tank was empty until half way through day I found a school of Spanish . Water temp has come up a couple degrees since last week bringing it to a steady 75 degrees. Hot enough to make the greenies uncomfortable. My feeling is that it will be mostly Spanish from here on out, unless you know the secret spots. Cloudy most of day and the fog never really burned off . It was even drizzling at one point. I did not see anybody else hook up except that one boat and I did not see any fish landed. I had a second hook up later in afternoon , but may have given him too much line and not enough pressure early on . He buried himself deep in weeds and when I thought I was gonna get him out, the line busted near knot of floro. Another kayaker told me he hooked a butt , when the fish freaked out and took a run his line snapped. A veteran like Jorge , probably would have backed drag off to prevent this. Maybe the guy made the mistake of lifting his head outta water? Anyway, this is my report . Yes, I should be running this in separate post . But, I'm too lazy and I don't like bragging . Last week I nailed two outta four . One was over thirty . Yesterday's fish was 22-23 lb. estimated. Needless to say , the scenery at launch was top notch . .

Last edited by TJones; 07-26-2016 at 07:02 AM.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:55 PM   #4
TJones

Well ?

Any report ?
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote