Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

I'd like to set the record straight

This post is not for anyone in general but mainly for those mud hens that feel the need to gossip about things they have no first hand knowledge of.

During the summer I was attempting to trade my kayak for a larger, more suitable yak. Makobob made me an offer that I could not afford to outright do with cash on my end. He came up with the idea to offer my professional tattoo services to an upcoming event to supplement the trade on my end. I was hesitant at first because I didn't want to appear as taking advantage and have my intentions misconstrued. Long story short wet worked out the details and both parties left happy.

Fast forward a few months.... my wife lost her job the day after Thanksgiving, leaving me too provide for a family of three on a starving artists income. With Christmas weeks away and rent not even paid I contacted Bob and asked for his blessing to sell the kayak to get through a few rough months. He completely understood and said to take care of my family first and could get another kayak when the time is right.

Come to find out this created a stir within the gossip rooms of the b we community. Look at it how ever you want but until you have a 3 year old you can't buy a present for you have no room for judgment. I'm so disappointed with the arrogance of some members of this forum. I'm still upholding my commitment to the deal and have also tried to become involved in other community events. I just will not be involved in the conversations on this board. I do not consort with gossip mongers and as you can see I have a very cut and dry straight forward approach to handling rumors.

This was not an easy post to write. I am prideful and its not easy todiscuss my financial troubles with strangers. As well off as some people are, you do not know the next man's situation and talking about them outside of their presence without even knowing your facts is like salt in a wound.

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
YakDout
Brandon

Seems like you had good intentions on what you originally were doing with kayak. Now I don't have kids yet, but . I struggle with money all the time, seems to be a never ending battle. With that being said, if anyone was put into that situation and chose the opposite of what you chose, they would lose my respect. You did what any father should do, putting family first.
I'm also with you on the drama gossip thing.

Last edited by YakDout; 01-26-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Typo
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
YakMedic

Don't let the gossip bother you brother, everyone makes tough decisions in their life. I'll stand behind anyone who puts their family first. At the end of the day this is a hobby for 99.99% of all of us and when life gets tough the luxury items are the first to be sold.

I have a loaner yak for you for those times you need to get on the water.
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
jorluivil

Been there so I know the feeling.

Got laid off from a job of 20years
Kid in college
Sell the boat
Drain the 401k

There's always two sides to every story so It's easy for people to interpret What happened and Why it happened. Don't worry about What people say or do, just do your thing and move on.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
Cbad Mike

I think it sucks that you felt that you had to explain your personal situation.
Good luck to you and I hope you get over your financial hump quickly.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #6
TJones

If it's any help

And you need to relieve some stress by getting on water , feel free to pm and I will gladly meet up with you with at landing . I have a fully rigged outback as backup .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:38 PM   #7
StinkyMatt

William,

Do not allow a few individuals represent the entire community.

From the posts and offers above, you can tell that this is a pretty good group of people.

The haters will hate.

StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:45 PM   #8
HELLSTER INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
William,

Do not allow a few individuals represent the entire community.

From the posts and offers above, you can tell that this is a pretty good group of people.

The haters will hate.

I agree with Matt!
2018 SeaFox 248 Commander

HELLSTER INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #9
Jimmyz123

Family always come first and you had a deal worked out. What ever rumors are out there let them be, the truth will set you free.

You ever need someone to chat with, or setup a play date with the kids, let me know, my son loves to hook up at that park with others and we'd be happy to hook up.

Take care man.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #10
YakMedic

I received a text from William stating he is having some trouble logging into his BWE account he cannot post currently but is able to still read posts. He would like to express his gratitude for the kind words stated by the members above.
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:42 PM   #11
oneyedeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbad Mike View Post
I think it sucks that you felt that you had to explain your personal situation.
Good luck to you and I hope you get over your financial hump quickly.
2x
oneyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:00 PM   #12
Sdspeed

Originally Posted by Cbad Mike

"I think it sucks that you felt that you had to explain your personal situation.
Good luck to you and I hope you get over your financial hump quickly."

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyedeer View Post
2x

X3

Now, What can we do to help you get through this rough patch!

Last edited by Sdspeed; 01-26-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #13
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdspeed View Post
X3

What can we do to help you get through this rough patch!
And again the community comes together, William call me. 760-692-7276.

Bob

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #14
FISH11

X4. It seems where ever one goes there are A Holes everywhere and it's a good thing there are very few on BWE. When you get a chance, get out on the water. That's where you get a chance to forget about all those things and enjoy the good thing we have. Tight Lines.
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:18 PM   #15
bubblehide

Hey Brother, just look at Jim and I, the only reason I was included in the goon rhetoric, is because I openly admit being friends with Jim. I was even (in person) threatened with physical harm. Hell, they went so far as to pose here with screen names like bubbleboy and dimjay; not exactly subtle on their part. But hell, Jim and I both get huge laughs from their antics, and the extent they will go, to feebly try to get out goats. Really it's an attack on reputation, whether it be, Jim's, mine, yours, or anybody elses; so I feel for you. But, I think most people here get it, they get that we have grown past those high school antics, just like they have. Jim and I,have gotten to the point where we just laugh it off, admittedly, after having a little on line fun with it all. Hopefully, you'll get to the point of being able to laugh about it. I for one, hope this doesn't chase you away, or keep you from posting.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #16
Jimmyz123

Justification

I understand why William feels that need, there are a few individuals on this site that feel the need to attack others and they have no care as to what pain it may cause others.

For example someone used me as the butt of their joke on the radio while fishing the Rady tournament yesterday. I chose not to say anything because I didn't want to get into it on the radio. I have a feeling I know who it was, but that person didn't have the sack to come up to me yesterday, but they had no problem insulting me over the radio.

People grow the hell up, if you have an issue with someone, take it up with them personally don't attack them behind a computer or a radio.

Sorry for the thread jack, but it kind of goes together.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #17
Drake

I am not too proud to admit I had a hand in the gossip train, which me and William worked out personally. I will publicly apologize for any misconceptions I had, it was not my place to pass judgment without the facts.

This community it just big enough that rumors get around like high school and just small enough that everyone pretty much knows each other, for the most part. From the outside looking in, without any knowledge of what really happened it was all too easy to make a quick assumption and the lesson here has been learned.

The past is in the past, and I am also volunteering to help you out anyway I can.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #18
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I am not too proud to admit I had a hand in the gossip train, which me and William worked out personally. I will publicly apologize for any misconceptions I had, it was not my place to pass judgment without the facts.

This community it just big enough that rumors get around like high school and just small enough that everyone pretty much knows each other, for the most part. From the outside looking in, without any knowledge of what really happened it was all too easy to make a quick assumption and the lesson here has been learned.

The past is in the past, and I am also volunteering to help you out anyway I can.

Now that's pretty stand up of you, but then you've been a stand up kinda guy. It gets my respect!
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:15 PM   #19
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Some good people here, good luck Will. I feel ya dude, I had to live on unemployment (if you call that living) for a while a few years back during the worst part of the recession. Good news is that somehow we make it through even though it doesn't seem likely at the time.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:18 PM   #20
erinoo

Yeah there's' some turds floating around on here like everywhere else in this world...I've been around for awhile buddy and I don't know you, but PM me sometime, maybe I can help you....
erinoo is offline   Reply With Quote