Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #21
octico

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal.beach.bum View Post
Yeah, but is a nicer seat worth an extra $1k?
1K difference? I didn't think it was that much of a price difference, but you maybe comparing new clearance price vs a new model price.

There are other things besides seat that have been upgraded. The mirage drive is more efficient and my knees hurt less. I am faster on my outback with stock fins than I ever was on the Revo with Turbo fins. The flat bottom on the Outback makes it easier to move around on. A few other little things I like ...

Just my two cents pay the extra money and not have to worry about buying an new yak anytime soon.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:18 AM   #22
socal.beach.bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post
1K difference? I didn't think it was that much of a price difference, but you maybe comparing new clearance price vs a new model price.

There are other things besides seat that have been upgraded. The mirage drive is more efficient and my knees hurt less. I am faster on my outback with stock fins than I ever was on the Revo with Turbo fins. The flat bottom on the Outback makes it easier to move around on. A few other little things I like ...

Just my two cents pay the extra money and not have to worry about buying an new yak anytime soon.
Didn't know all that. I think I'll have to test out the 2015 models (outback and Revo) before jumping on a new yak.
socal.beach.bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #23
octico

Quote:
Didn't know all that. I think I'll have to test out the 2015 models (outback and Revo) before jumping on a new yak.
Good idea! Try the Outback out there is so much more room and stability. I am big guy (width wise) so I needed a wider yak.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:25 PM   #24
socal.beach.bum

Quote:
Good idea! Try the Outback out there is so much more room and stability. I am big guy (width wise) so I needed a wider yak.
I'm a big guy too, but fund the outback a bit slow. That's why I'm considering the Revo, but won't know if it's stable enough for me until I try it out.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #25
octico

Quote:
I'm a big guy too, but fund the outback a bit slow. That's why I'm considering the Revo, but won't know if it's stable enough for me until I try it out.
Try out the Outback, maybe its just me but it seems way faster. I was flying past the skinny kid on a 2013 Revo. The seat and the new mirage drive makes things faster. I did not test out the 2015 Revo, because of the lack of movement.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #26
socal.beach.bum

Quote:
Try out the Outback, maybe its just me but it seems way faster. I was flying past the skinny kid on a 2013 Revo. The seat and the new mirage drive makes things faster. I did not test out the 2015 Revo, because of the lack of movement.
Good to know. Last time I checked OEX only had the Revo. Was going to try it out this weekend, but I guess I'll wait until they get the outback so I can try both at the same time.