Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
carbonbass

Hobie Outback ?

think ive put in my time on the mini x learnin the ropes and im gonna upgrade to an outback soon. The mini x is 45 pounds and i can just lift it myself and put it on my car, will the outback be the same way or am i in for some trouble getting it on my car by myself :P
carbonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
The Kid
Loves Surface Irons

No, you will be fine the Outback is pretty light may have to work the front up first the lift the back up. Welcome to the Darkside!
The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
StinkyMatt

Please submit photos of your biceps, triceps and delts. You will be properly evaluated and a kayak designed for your level of "studliness" will be assigned to you.

Seriously, you'll be fine. Go for it.

At the end of the day it seems like all kayaks weigh 300 pounds anyways!
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
mtnbykr2

From a Mini x, to an Outback, you will be in heaven man...you will probably feel like you are piloting the Queen Mary....lol...seriously you will be very satisfied with the performance...65 Lbs dry....you learn
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
Please submit photos of your biceps, triceps and delts. You will be properly evaluated and a kayak designed for your level of "studliness" will be assigned to you.

Seriously, you'll be fine. Go for it.

At the end of the day it seems like all kayaks weigh 300 pounds anyways!

WARNING The X-FACTOR (FRANKS X-FACTOR) Weights 1000 pounds at the end of the day

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #6
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
WARNING The X-FACTOR (FRANKS X-FACTOR) Weights 1000 pounds at the end of the day

That's a bi-product of all that beer Frank
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
lterrero
Leo

I trade my 9 feet, 48 lbs Sport for a 12 feet, 66 lbs OutBack: and I do what The Kid Says to get my Queen Mary on top of my Cherokee & I'm very happy with my OutBack.
lterrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
tagyak

i have an outback and each time i had to load it onto my honda crv; i was swearing like a sailor.
i had my wife come out to help me that was the first and last time for that. she is 5' 100 lbs. and i had her "hold" the kayak above her head; ended up on top of her head and she ended up swearing like a sailor too.
now i am getting a truck and look forward to just sliding it into the bed rather than on top the roof.
regards to the outback; great kayak lots of room and very stable. am sure that you will like it very much.
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #9
coxtanker421

how big are your buns?

are you looking to buy used , or is you mind set on new? now that i have a little experience i was thinking of going narrower. pm , if interested . have 2010 dune been out less than a dozen times.
coxtanker421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #10
jorluivil

I used to put my outback on my thule rack, now I just throw it in the truck bed and call it a day. The advantage to throwing it in the bed is that I can set everything up on the yak, show up at the launch, unload and I'm ready to go.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #11
carbonbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxtanker421 View Post
are you looking to buy used , or is you mind set on new? now that i have a little experience i was thinking of going narrower. pm , if interested . have 2010 dune been out less than a dozen times.
Probably used
carbonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #12
tagyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I used to put my outback on my thule rack, now I just throw it in the truck bed and call it a day. The advantage to throwing it in the bed is that I can set everything up on the yak, show up at the launch, unload and I'm ready to go.
hey jorge, taking lessons from erick and matt i see....... it looks really cool though when it is hanging from those yakima racks
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote