Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-17-2017, 11:50 AM   #61
battleborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
The difference is Mexicali 1 is the West border crossing that we all normally use, and Mexicali 2 is the smaller East border crossing (6 miles east on the other side of town).

Mexicali 2 can be alot shorter wait at times, but it does not have a Sentri lane.
Thanks
battleborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:16 PM   #62
Baja_Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPukaShell View Post
Border wait times shows a Sentri lanes at the East crossing
Wow - they must have put one in. It has been 6-7 years since I used the East crossing though...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:00 PM   #63
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Cheap knockoff crocs

https://www.amazon.com/1oz-Crocodile...ZuckLJi8jUzEVA

Hi guys,

I just ordered this off of Amazon specifically to take down to MakoBob's place n fish. 12 knockoff crocs for $20. Thought Id pass it along as these are known to work in Baja.
A few reviews say they rust easier in the salt so just make sure to rinse down w freshwater after each use and u should be good. Tight lines. Link above.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 3.56.10 PM.jpg (43.5 KB, 84 views)

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:19 PM   #64
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDROB View Post
https://www.amazon.com/1oz-Crocodile...ZuckLJi8jUzEVA

Hi guys,

I just ordered this off of Amazon specifically to take down to MakoBob's place n fish. 12 knockoff crocs for $20. Thought Id pass it along as these are known to work in Baja.
A few reviews say they rust easier in the salt so just make sure to rinse down w freshwater after each use and u should be good. Tight lines. Link above.
It is worth your time AND money to change out the split rings and hooks.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:24 PM   #65
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Noted and definitely will do. Last time I bought the hooks n rings at Squidco and they did it for me.

Thanks homie!

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:36 PM   #66
farreola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
Wow - they must have put one in. It has been 6-7 years since I used the East crossing though...
Actually the Sentri wait time is usually shorter in the East port, and for those that do not have Sentri but have a passport ID card can go through the Ready Lane wish is less time than the regular West port. The West port does not have Ready Lane at this time.
farreola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:42 PM   #67
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Weather

From what I can see it looks like, 90's daytime, mid 70's nights and winds below 10 out of the ESE, for most of the week. This is the San felipe forcast.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 05-20-2017, 06:12 AM   #68
GoGoGoJack

Is there room for one more? Got a Sentri. How might I get more info regarding directions and lodging options?
Gogogojack@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoGoGoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:11 AM   #69
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoGoJack View Post
Is there room for one more? Got a Sentri. How might I get more info regarding directions and lodging options?
Gogogojack@gmail.com

I will arrive at Johnny's shell station in El Cajon off Magnolia at 4 am. At 5 am we leave for tha AM/PM in Mexicali off the 98, we arrive there around 7 and leave shortly after to cross te border for San Felipe where we stop at Tacos Los Poblanos for breakfast about 9am. After breakfast we head for camp in Gonzaga. Actually about 10 miles this side at KM134 you will find a sign saying Campo Turistico. at the end of that road will be the restaurant take a left infront of it and go about 100 yards. Just past a double row of trees/bushes and on the left will be our place, ramada and garage.

As to accomadations, beach camp, camp on ramada or in garage, Meals are group for dinner, on your own for lunch and breakfast. Cook in camp or host at restaurant your choice. There is always room in camp. Please let me know if you are coming and if you are going to caravan with me. Thanks, Tight Lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 05-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #70
fishnstix

cant go

Due to a family illness I will not be able to make it down for this trip. Please take me and friend off the list
fishnstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #71
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnstix View Post
Due to a family illness I will not be able to make it down for this trip. Please take me and friend off the list
Done, take care and see you soon. Tight Lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 05-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #72
Mahigeer

Quote:
Gogogojack@gmail.com

If you look up my previous posts, you will find a lot of answers to your questions.

Some even that you did not ask.

We meet at 5:00 AM at Johnny's Shell station in El Cajon located at 515 N. Magnolia Ave. Just off of the freeway (8) at the exit #67, N. Magnolia.

From there we stay on the freeway (8) to the exit #98, follow about 30 miles to the highway (111) and take right to border crossing, San Diego to border 125 miles.

From there we follow the highway Mex (5) thru Mexicali, follow signs to San Filipe, Puertocitos, Rio Hardy staying on the highway Mex (5) all the way to San Filipe. Another 125 miles.
Going through San Filipe take right at sign to Puertocitos/airport, go about 9 km to sign saying Puertocitos and take a left, DO NOT go to the airport.
From here is another 95 miles to camp.

VADO means dip in road and years ago they could and would take your rear axle out, SLOW DOWN for them. At km 60-65 be very careful. When you reach km 134 you went 100 yards too far. Sign to camp will say Campo Turistico and you take a left. Up until now roads are all good at (60) mph unless posted lower and passable by any car. At turn off for camp it is unpaved dirt road, [15-25] mph but bumpy. Camp is about 1/2 mile from main road.
It is suggested lowering your air pressure at turnoff on your first trip, to about (20) psi. There are/is compressor in camp. Follow until you crest hill and go down to beach, restaurant is on your left, in front of restaurant take a left and follow until you have to take a right at trees, then go 100 feet and take a left, 100 feet and we are on the left 50 yards of soft sand, stay on tire tracks at (20) mph to top, park left by garage.
The sand on the beach can be very soft at times.

WELCOME TO PARADISE.

Last edited by Mahigeer; 05-21-2017 at 06:11 AM.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:53 AM   #73
fishnstix

really wanna go!

Might be able to make the SQ HB tourney and follow u down to paradise for a week after that...family situation at the moment requires me to be accessible and able to travel to Florida at a moments notice
fishnstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:57 PM   #74
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnstix View Post
Might be able to make the SQ HB tourney and follow u down to paradise for a week after that...family situation at the moment requires me to be accessible and able to travel to Florida at a moments notice
understood, remember it is never a probem, we can make almost anything work out. Tight Lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 05-20-2017, 08:49 PM   #75
GoGoGoJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
If you look up my previous posts, you will find a lot of answers to your questions.

Some even that you did not ask.

We meet at 5:00 AM at Johnny's Shell station in El Cajon located at 515 N. Magnolia Ave. Just off of the freeway (8) at the exit #67, N. Magnolia.

From there we stay on the freeway (8) to the exit #98, follow about 30 miles to the highway (111) and take left to border crossing, San Diego to border 125 miles.

From there we follow the highway Mex (5) thru Mexicali, follow signs to San Filipe, Puertocitos, Rio Hardy staying on the highway Mex (5) all the way to San Filipe. Another 125 miles.

Going through San Filipe take right at sign to Puertocitos/airport, go about 9 km to sign saying Puertocitos and take a left, DO NOT go to the airport.

From here is another 95 miles to camp.

VADO means dip in road and years ago they could and would take your rear axle out, SLOW DOWN for them. At km 60-65 be very careful. When you reach km 134 you went 100 yards too far. Sign to camp will say Campo Turistico and you take a left. Up until now roads are all good at (60) mph unless posted lower and passable by any car. At turn off for camp it is unpaved dirt road, [15-25] mph but bumpy. Camp is about 1/2 mile from main road.

It is suggested lowering your air pressure at turnoff on your first trip, to about (20) psi. There are/is compressor in camp. Follow until you crest hill and go down to beach, restaurant is on your left, in front of restaurant take a left and follow until you have to take a right at trees, then go 100 feet and take a left, 100 feet and we are on the left 50 yards of soft sand, stay on tire tracks at (20) mph to top, park left by garage.

The sand on the beach can be very soft at times.

WELCOME TO PARADISE.

Thanks Mahigeer -- HELPFUL INFO!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2017, 06:16 AM   #76
Mahigeer

Glad it is helpful, but I think there is an error.

"follow about 30 miles to the highway (111) and take left to border crossing, San Diego to border 125 miles."

I think it should read "take right to the border crossing.."
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:14 PM   #77
GoGoGoJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
Glad it is helpful, but I think there is an error.

"follow about 30 miles to the highway (111) and take left to border crossing, San Diego to border 125 miles."

I think it should read "take right to the border crossing.."

You suggested reducing tire pressure.... Pardon newbie question, but is this for 4-wheel drives only, or will I be okay with 2-wheel drive and reduced tire pressure?

Old 05-21-2017, 12:32 PM   #78
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
You suggested reducing tire pressure.... Pardon newbie question, but is this for 4-wheel drives only, or will I be okay with 2-wheel drive and reduced tire pressure?

The last 1/2 mile is on a dirt/sand road. 4 wheel drive not needed. Tha last 200feet can have soft sand and you could get stuck, most do not get stuck but if it happend we can easily pull you out. STOP when you get to the two rows of treesbushes. Get out and walk the last 200feet, look at how soft or hard the sand is, talk to me and decide, my quad had pulled some out and the trucks can all handle a pull so no problem. If you try it just build as much speed as you can to top the small rise.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 05-21-2017, 08:42 PM   #79
battleborn

9hrs to start the adventure to paradise. See you all there
battleborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:53 AM   #80
Mahigeer

You sure of the timing?

Are you leaving today?