Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2010, 06:36 AM   #21
fishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojmj View Post
This is why I come to this site often, you learn something new all the time. I started with a homemade cradle cart, but found to be hard to load the boat. The cart would always slip out when I would be securing it to the cart. I then went to a scupper cart. After this "intervention" I am going to back to the cradle cart. Is there a trick to getting the cart not to slip out while loading it?
A buddy of mine had the same problem when we were wheeling his yak back to the car. We found that when you put the cart under the mid section and loop the tie down through the kayak handles there was less slippage and the load was lighter and easier to pull.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:08 PM   #22
senojmj
Paddle, Fish, Repeat

my new cradle cart

After seeing the pics of the busted scupper holes, I spent some time today making a new cradle cart. Ditched the old scupper cart. As I stated earlier I had a hard time with my first cradle cart slipping out as I was trying to load it. I searched some forums and youtube and found several great ideas. I modified one I found on youtube. It is made out of 1 1/4 inch pvc.
cart 1.jpg
cart 2.jpg
My old cart did not break down, I would just strap it to the back of the boat. This will fit inside my kayak.
cart 3.jpg
cart 4.jpg
cart 5.jpg
The best part is that it does not slip out when loading it on to the kayak. Having the extenders on the front of the kayak made a big difference. If it wasn't for this forum, I probably would have busted scuppers at some point, so Thanks!

Paddle, Fish, Repeat.
senojmj is offline   Reply With Quote