Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2011, 11:04 AM   #21
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handymansd View Post
Can someone pass the popcorn?
With or without butter?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #22
Iceman
Administrator

Would you look at this!

http://youtu.be/EF8GhC-T_Mo
Old 04-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #23
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Would you look at this!

http://youtu.be/EF8GhC-T_Mo
Pretty funny....

Actually I prefer looking at these:

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...CeVlkoWLlas9wA

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...82u713SDJCRIkA

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...z2D9K6b40Yjq6g

Damn Scripps Scientists!!!

I'd say tagging all those T-sharks, Tuna and Wahoo many of which they caught on rod and reel is about as far from "political science" or a leftest agenda as it gets. I mean in one study they caught tagged and released something like 9714 hook and line caught tuna, of which 8695 were bigeye.

That sounds more like epic fishing then anti fishing activities. I have an outboard one of the guys gave me after that trip, you talk about beat to shit. They literally fished their gear until they couldn't fish any more.

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:26 PM   #24
Royak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Day View Post
.... aren't you the same Royak from the Allcoast political board?

One and the same, Jim, although I haven't posted to that site for many years. Left it partly because of cranks writing multiple posts trying to defend the MLPA. Oh wait, that may have been you. If I remember correctly, it was a Jim Day that that attacked me for my "Sue the Bastards" solution to the MLPA problem.

By the way, re your follow-up comment that said, "...to suggest that all scientific research associated with Scripps is somehow anti fishing, politically based or "political science" rather then real science is utterly absurd.": Jim, no one in this thread has made that suggestion.
Royak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:48 PM   #25
Mtobolsky
Loves his member

I don't believe in god. Just thought I'de throw that out there.
Mtobolsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:37 AM   #26
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royak View Post
Left it partly because of cranks writing multiple posts trying to defend the MLPA. Oh wait, that may have been you.
So same old Royak... Why am I not surprised.

I tend to think that people either deal with facts, or that they are intentionally trying to mislead people.

To be polite let's just say: No...you're wrong, you must be confused.... Never defended the MLPA ever to anyone. I've always been against recreational fishing closures from day one.

Quote:
If I remember correctly, it was a Jim Day that that attacked me for my "Sue the Bastards" solution to the MLPA problem.

I don't recall that specifically but I do remember back in like 2001 when some guys claimed that the whole MLPA process was never going to happen, that a simple lawsuit was going to stop it all in it's tracks: I said I thought that was unrealistic and that we had a long fight ahead of us, or basically that we needed to get our shit together or we were going to get screwed.

Then again when the same guys turned around and said that if we just elected Schwarzenegger governor in 2003, that he'd stop the MLPA process: I said I thought that was BS as well, and that the guys posting that nonsense were more interested in getting votes for their party then anything else.

Sorry if those positions offended you at the time but my take is basically I was right on both counts. The lawsuits you and others were suggesting back then were not a solution, we did not stop the process dead in it's tracks back in 2001, and voting in Schwarzenegger was basically a disaster as far as the MLPA was concerned.

Quote:
By the way, re your follow-up comment that said, "...to suggest that all scientific research associated with Scripps is somehow anti fishing, politically based or "political science" rather then real science is utterly absurd.": Jim, no one in this thread has made that suggestion.
Well imagine my confusion..... I mean when I read this....

Quote:
Scripps Institute of Oceanography, is largely dependent on enviro-foundation grant money to "study" subjects that will serve the agenda of those foundations. It may be science, but it's mostly political science.

I simply thought that you were saying that most of "Scripps Institute of Oceanography's" research was "mostly political science" your own words, which again: I do not agree with. I actually know some of the people involved in the research, and since I follow their work, I also happen to know that your politically motivated claim is utter BS.

I mean if you want to pretend I said things in the past I never said, that I supported the MLPA when I did not, or even that you never said things you obviously did say because they are still in this thread for everyone to read.....well... be my guest... because it's kinda funny and it's no skin off my back.

I just think your slandering some pretty good people who have given us a ton of information about the fish we fish for, but don't let that slow you down.

Hell.... I'll even break out the popcorn myself because if your just going to be making things up as you go along this should end up being a pretty entertaining read.

Jim

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 04-25-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #27
bubblehide

Quote:
Pretty funny....

Actually I prefer looking at these:http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...CeVlkoWLlas9wA

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...82u713SDJCRIkA

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...z2D9K6b40Yjq6g

Damn Scripps Scientists!!!

I'd say tagging all those T-sharks, Tuna and Wahoo many of which they caught on rod and reel is about as far from "political science" or a leftest agenda as it gets. I mean in one study they caught tagged and released something like 9714 hook and line caught tuna, of which 8695 were bigeye.

That sounds more like epic fishing then anti fishing activities. I have an outboard one of the guys gave me after that trip, you talk about beat to shit. They literally fished their gear until they couldn't fish any more.

Jim

Damn Jim, now your giving away genuine sources!
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #28
Royak

Quote:
"The lawsuits you and others were suggesting back then were not a solution"
OMG, it IS the same old anti-lawsuit JD. LOLOL
Of course a lawsuit against the MLPA had no guarantee of success beforehand. But it was...and is...our only option. Glad to read you've admitted your past reluctance.
Royak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #29
bubblehide

Quote:
OMG, it IS the same old anti-lawsuit JD. LOLOL
Of course a lawsuit against the MLPA had no guarantee of success beforehand. But it was...and is...our only option. Glad to read you've admitted your past reluctance.

Talk about a blatant strawman argument!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:07 PM   #30
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Andy, where do you find the time...

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #31
Dan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4yBvvGi_2A
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #32
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVcCp6aZIZI&NR=1
Old 04-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #33
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehide View Post
Talk about a blatant strawman argument!

Naturally... I'm no more anti-lawsuit then I am pro-mlpa, but at least it's not written in a big blue font..
Old 04-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #34
dorado50

Same crap different subject... The soaps are back!!
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #35
jorluivil

So, how about them Lakers

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #36
JPSURF

Same old song and dance
JPSURF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #37
Ed
Fringe Head

Quote:
It's one thing to defend something it's another to make ridiculous statements.

Are there people that want to stop us from fishing? Sure there are.... but to suggest that all scientific research associated with Scripps is somehow anti fishing, politically based or "political science" rather then real science is utterly absurd.
X2
Old 04-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #38
FISHIONADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Holy shit that was funny! LOL
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote