Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-06-2015, 06:22 AM   #21
Gr8fuldude

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginFish View Post
Would seem wise to me that, rather than risk bringing on a launch closure through obstinacy and sounding like we care little about beach goers, that we make a distinct effort to appear sensitive to the importance of caution, and as public as we can about the kayak fishing community's effort to police itself so as to minimize risk to ourselves as well as others from sharks.

Time to get serious about this, as things could spin way out of our control. Perhaps take the ball (rather than react defensively) and spin things quickly and loudly so that we're publicly promoted as the "early-warning system" most effective at alerting others of aggressive shark behavior in the area. Avery
X2
Gr8fuldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:06 AM   #22
taggermike

Logic and science have no influence here. Just fear. People love LJ because wildlife is abundant and visible. But it seams many get their 'knowledge' of nature from Disney cartoons where there are all ways good and bad animals. Seals good:sharks bad. But there are no bad animals. Sharks come for the same reasons seal lions, dolphins, and people do.

Like with the MLPA, anglers are an obvious minority to scape goat. I wonder if thousands of swimmers n waders thrashing n pissing in the water could attract sharks??? Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:31 AM   #23
ctfphoto

THE REASON THERE ARE HAMMERHEADS

is because of the extremely WARM water!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lifeguards should just fight global warming and not us kayak fisherman!
ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:01 AM   #24
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginFish View Post
I'm probably not the only LJ kayak fisherman who's called 911 from my kayak so that the lifeguards could quickly come out and take care of another yakker in a sinking craft, nor am I alone in being impressed with the speed and thoroughness of their efforts. In short, I appreciate what they do and, frankly, understand the pressure on them to err on the side of caution.

Would seem wise to me that, rather than risk bringing on a launch closure through obstinacy and sounding like we care little about beach goers, that we make a distinct effort to appear sensitive to the importance of caution, and as public as we can about the kayak fishing community's effort to police itself so as to minimize risk to ourselves as well as others from sharks.

Time to get serious about this, as things could spin way out of our control. Perhaps take the ball (rather than react defensively) and spin things quickly and loudly so that we're publicly promoted as the "early-warning system" most effective at alerting others of aggressive shark behavior in the area.

While the so-called "sky" may not as yet be "falling," with the report this evening of a hammerhead biting the dangling foot of a County Line kayak fisherman," it certainly seems like there's dark clouds" on the horizon."

Avery
It's better to be safe and do as we are asked for a while. When summer is over and the people are not at the beaches as often then it will calm down.

I understand the questioning of this, but please don't go, baiting the lifeguards to see what they will do. Like everyone else I would hate to see the launch closed for Kayak Fishers. There's a huge event happening next weekend and it would really suck to have someone force the closure and that event have to be moved or cancelled.

I wish I had the ability to hit up La Jolla more often but for those who are able to, I love seeing their catches and the fun that we all share. Let's not force the hand of those who can keep us from it.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:04 AM   #25
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctfphoto View Post

Along with that Hammerheads also like stingrays, and where do we see most of the stingrays? Near the beaches, in the sand. We are not the cause, but anything we can do to keep from being the focus of the reason, we need to help out any way we can.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:12 AM   #26
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctfphoto View Post

And because they live there

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 03:53 PM   #27
FARRIER

Its a sad day when we are discussing marginalizing our freedoms and coming up with reasons to keep the ocean and sand open to our use.