Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 08-22-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
seaquinn
wishin' I was fishin'

LJ Fri 8/22 Report

Got to the launch around 6:15 - 6:30. On the way on two different radio stations there was an alert for big riptides/currents and 5-7 foot surf. So I was a bit apprehensive.

And what a surprise to see Lake Pacific.... seriously, as small waves as I have ever seen... maybe 1 foot max. No surf, no wind. Just perfect conditions today. Clear water, you could see 15' down no problem.

Bait was a bit tough to get. But no power boats, wow! One 14' aluminum, one raft with 5 hp. That was it for PB's. Maybe 6-8 kayaks, so no crowd.

After finally getting two nice greenies, and lots of spanish, I headed out. Damn those seals. Just follow and pick off the bait.

Anyway, finally just left the kelp area and headed out to sea.... after about an hour.... was that a bite? Yep... tug, tug, not the YT scream. But I set the hook and game on. Hooray! I get a serious sleigh ride for 100 yards or so... what fun, I''m hooked! Yes!!! Fight for maybe 10 minutes, thinking it is at least 20 pounds.... but fought like a WSB, anyway, a serious pull.... darn, strong fish! Right when I almost get to color..... !#$!@#@! my hook pops. My fault !@#$@#$@#!# came untied @!#%$!%!%@ Rats! So frustrated..... my own fault, and I teach my boys to double check each knot. Lesson learned. @!#$!@#$!@#

Last part..... the beach was full of beauties at 1:00pm! Seriously.... gotta just go do that sometime. The water was super-clear, the sharks are there at the beach, so at the end I locked my car, took a swim, shower, and went home all fresh. Gotta put that in my schedule more often.

Cheers!

Summary: Gorgeous day, making greenies not that easy, one bite. Tuna poke tonight from big boat trip, so not that bad off.
seaquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
YTHunter
Carlisle

Good report! Worse part is not even being able to know what you hooked.
YTHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:19 PM   #3
Raul

Heading out tommorow hoping to be in the water around 5
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:20 PM   #4
Raul

If its not to bad
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:05 AM   #5
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaquinn View Post
... the beach was full of beauties at 1:00pm!
This always makes the return-trip easier, after getting skunked.
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #6
seaquinn
wishin' I was fishin'

yep, I SURE would love to have seen the fish... WSB? YT? after that long sleigh ride, I know it was big and strong.

As for beach beauties..... I just gotta remember to either just go for that, or at least plan 1/2 hour after each trip to relax on the beach. Why only go to the mountains or Grand Canyon for a view, when a very nice view is right there on the beach? ..... er.. the leopard sharks I mean, of course.
seaquinn is offline   Reply With Quote