Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2016, 07:45 AM   #6
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

I think this might be a legit question this year, given that the kelp beds which "anchor" the homeguards are significantly reduced.

What do the professionals/veterans think?

I was out in La Jolla this past weekend and it may have been the most quiet I've ever seen the place - just endless fields of buoys.

I spent time inside the buoy field, outside the buoy field, north of the buoys, west of the buoys, at one point I was literally about 2 miles west of the coast and almost into the South La Jolla MPA. Nothing.

The weather and water were beautiful, but there was just no active life that I could see. A little creepy, really. I didn't see any scuba chickens, sea dogs; nothing. I saw several pelican teams, but they were all formation flying somewhere further-offshore than I felt comfortable-with.

Maybe everything was just hanging out even deeper than where I was dropping lines.

It was my first legit-skunk (couldn't even make bait) in a LONG time.
I got a really good workout from the mileage I covered though.
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote