Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
GONZAGA on the FLY, OCTOBER 18-25 FLY FISHING BAJA

Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler
I Propose October 18th thru the 25th to be "Gonzaga on the Fly".

Thats 174 days away, plenty of time to plan and get ready.

6 Weight Redington Rod / Lamson Litespeed Reel - Check

8 Weight Custom Boron Graphite Rod / Hardy DD Reel - Check

Heck, even the 10 Weight Kunnan Rod / Redington AL Reel - Check

Large Tackle Box full of fly tying materials - Check

I have other 6 and 8 weight rods that need reels. By October I can have them rigged for someone to borrow if they want to join in and try this...

Now to order some of those cool Fish Skull components that Fishing MD is using and get to tying...

ATTENTION GUESTS for you to ride the BAJA EXPRESS all you need do is join BWE, only takes a minute of your time to JOIN our COMMINITY and Welcome Aboard.

The BAJA EXPRESS FLYS for the 1st time.

18-25 OCTOBER it is. GONZAGA on the FLY!!! We will plan on bringing an extra table and a couple 3 vices to be used evenings to play with the flys. This should give us 6 great days and one afternoon session. Kai, thank you for your inspiration in setting this up. Been considering this since we meet at Tidelands, so this trip is for YOU!

If you sign up for this trip and cancel, someone else might not get to go, so..........

Kai, you are #1 and I will take 5 more FLY FISHING PEOPLE, plus 2 on standby.
First come first served. If this trip goes as well as I think it might, it will be repeated again next year in the spring. Each angler will be responsible for one days meals. We will all be responsible for our water, drinks and ice. Should be less waste this way. ONLY money will be $5.00 each to pay for our toilet flushing and shower water.

We might try contacting a couple Fly Shops or suppliers and see if they have something they would like to have BAJA TESTED, and maybe someone will donate a PRIZE for the biggest FLY caught fish landed.

Gentlemen, start your planning NOW. Posts need to be done here to JOIN this trip. Tight lines and bloody gaffs. All aboard the BAJA EXPRESS.
Kai is #1 on the list
Mike is #2
Brandon is #3
Makobob is #4
EOD is #5
1 spot left plus 2 backups.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 08-10-2014 at 01:22 PM. Reason: update
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote