Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
StinkyMatt

King Harbor

Want to go try fishing King Harbor Friday afternnon/ night. Know nothing about the place. Anyone with info about parking/ launch areas. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I think I want to focus on Halibut. Thanks, Matt
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
GregAndrew

Parking is $4 for the first 8 hours when you write "kayak launch" on your ticket stub (hourly rate after that). There is a hand launch dock just to the right side of the fishing pier that you can drive up to for loading/unloading (single lane between the fence and rocks). Not sure about the bait barge situation. With a sabiki you can make all you want outside the harbor. Sardines were up against the beach a week or so ago south of the harbor, and macs everywhere but try near the seal buoy just outside the harbor first.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
TheBentRod

Now, I want to go. It sounds like it could be fun.
TheBentRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:18 PM   #4
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
Parking is $4 for the first 8 hours when you write "kayak launch" on your ticket stub (hourly rate after that). There is a hand launch dock just to the right side of the fishing pier that you can drive up to for loading/unloading (single lane between the fence and rocks). Not sure about the bait barge situation. With a sabiki you can make all you want outside the harbor. Sardines were up against the beach a week or so ago south of the harbor, and macs everywhere but try near the seal buoy just outside the harbor first.
I'd add to that that if you want to fish a long time go to Redondo Sportfishings landing pier and buy a flat of frozen squid. then ask them to validate your parking.

Then it's like 2 or 4 dollars no matter how long you stay with a validated ticket.

There's some good fishing there.

Inside:

and outdside:

Easiest place to launch in So Cal with a nice landing dock, but watch the surge.

Great place to fish.... Good luck!!
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:21 PM   #5
deepdvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Day View Post

Good luck!!

Hey Jim, I love the ADA accessible kayak
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:48 PM   #6
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepdvr View Post
Hey Jim, I love the ADA accessible kayak

The ole "Jimbar"

It's actually multi purpose bar. I designed it so I use it like a rail when fighting bigger T sharks...

But it's also the base for my hooping boom setup..

You know how it is with designs some things work better then others. The bar was great for fishing but I got worried that I might hang my ankle on it in the surf and break something (like my leg) so the FND kind of got allocated to fishing out of Harbors and Hooping breakwalls.

It's a really nice hooping setup so I can't get rid of it, as it's just such a nice tool....

...but at this point I pretty much only keep the FND around for hooping, and occasionally fishing anchovies for Dines for halibut around the harbors.

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #7
GregAndrew

You can also buy a soda or something on the pier and get an additional 2 hours validation for parking.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote