Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2014, 10:59 AM   #41
Lets_Fish

On top of purchasing a good pair of sunglass, consider using a quality strp to keep them connected to your face. PAL (Paul) posted back in June 2011 http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=10439 (see post #9 on the thread) about Nexstraps. I use them a they are great. Here is a link to their website: http://www.nexstraps.com/index.html

Also they have great customer service as part of teh end cracked and they replaced no problem.
Lets_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:01 PM   #42
gunghosd
Let's Do This!

MAUI JIMBO's

Yeah Maui Jims for life! never had a better lens and I am kinda a sunglasses snob. try the Peahi's great wrap around, they don't let much sun it. good luck!

finbomb.com

Don't hate me, Just my humble opinion
Tight lines my fishing brothers
gunghosd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #43
wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
It's worth it to spend a few bucks on a halfway decent pair of UV coated and polarized sunglasses..
X2..

Seems like the last thing most kayak anglers upgrade in their vast fishing arsenal is their eye protection?!!.....Kayakers abuse their gear more than the next guy. There is a BIG difference between quality sunglasses compared to the walmart cheapos.. For that reason I use Scheyden Precision Eyewear's mineral glass lenses that not only have the best polarized coatings for X-ray sight fishing vision & they truly stand up to my constant abuse & repeated polishings otw with no coating loss or scratches..

The Scheyden Precision Eyewear Collection is engineered to aerospace tolerances and manufactured in the small community of Fukui, Japan, renowned for producing some of the finest eyewear in the world. Scheydens are available in Fixed Gear Titanium, full wrap Fixed Gear Hybrids, Titanium classic Flip-Ups and Titanium Dual Rx Flip-Ups. Available in non-polarized or polarized: both of which feature a multi-layer coating process that produce superior optical clarity and comfort. Prescription Rx lenses are available on request.

Limited time offer: Scheyden Precision Eyewear 30% off all online/phone & prescriptions.
PM me for your 30% off code:

Last edited by wade; 04-13-2014 at 08:20 AM.
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #44
boxturtle

Think any decent brand is polarize will do but make sure they are wrap arounds......no matter how good the lens if they dont protect all around then they just dont
boxturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #45
roadx

for those who need a good cheap pair of polarized shades that are some of the best scratch resistance and stand up to abuse? try pugs.
http://pugsgear.com/ i am a trades person and go through safety glass like there free (and they are ) these pair of glass has lasted and stayed scratch free longer than any other glass i have ever owned. the polarization is awesome with lifetime warranty.
cheap and durable. love love love'm