Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2008, 07:27 AM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

1/14 hoopin'

Nobody else could make it out last night so I hit up one of the local jetties solo, for easy 20 foot pulls. Mini X works great tight to the rocks where the surge can make things tricky. Great night to go out with next to no wind to start and a ton of stars and half a moon lighting up the water. I have been on a serious hooping skunk streak and after pulling 4 sets and only 2 shorts, it was looking like my lobster mojo was nowhere to be found.

I decided to freshen up all four hoops for the next pull. I had brought extra mackerel and cut up one for each of the hoops. I have been using 2 eclipse and 2 32' hoops. The next set had a legal in each of the Eclipse and a few shorts as well. A couple of the shorts were less than 1/16 inch, just a slight wiggle in the gauge. It was 9PM and I called my wife to let her know that I had got dinner and was going to give it another hour. I got one more legal.The wind had started to pick up a little and after pulling another set with nothing decided to paddle in. Three hours and three bugs is good enough for me and taste way better than skunk.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
Sherm

Atta boy Andy. Solo buggin is some good times. Sitting on the water with a good stoagie and clear windless skies. Can't beat it. Glad to see you found some legals. My last outting was a bunch that were almost there. Just not quite big enough. Trying to get out this weekend to find the legals this time. See you on the water.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:13 AM   #3
dorf

Nice pull.
Glad to see someone is pulling them in shallow.
I hope to pull in some tonight (If I get home in time) out of SI.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:41 AM   #4
herbo

Alright Andy good to get that bug mojo happenin!!
herbo is offline   Reply With Quote