Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
abovi001
Junior

WTB Reel ... help :)

After some research I am looking to up my aresenal with some nicer reels. I am looking into a Shimano Torium 20 or 30... or an Avet SX Series, MXJ or MXL, or Avet JX (the m.c. in any of these models as well)

Anyone have any they'd be looking to part ways with, ideas where to look or reviews of any of these? Does the Torium even compare? Should I buy direct from somewhere new, or used work ? any other similars will be considered.

Thank you in advance.

Andrew
abovi001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

http://www.charkbait.com/cs/csrAvet.htm

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
fishsouthcounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
what he said...charkbait includes free mono spooling and usually a reel cover for most of their reel sales. Sometimes free shipping on things also...Granted most local shops will spool you up for free when you spend a couple hundred bucks on a reel and it saves on shipping. I have an MXJ i bought last year on a 700L and i love it so far....havent gotten to put it to a real test yet but hopefully this summer. Benefit of shimano is the warranty and the shimano factory in Irvine if your in OC.
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
oneyedeer

pm sent
oneyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
Drake

Torium 30 is A LOT of reel, I had one and immediately downgraded, it weighs a lot and the spool capacity is far beyond anything you would need on a kayak
Old 06-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
slobslayer

For kayak fishing I would recommend Daiwa Saltist 20, sealines, or a torium 14. These reels all work well and can take a beating. Plus if you lose one you can buy another for the price of one crappy avet reel.
slobslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
dnichols36

fishaholic has what you need I am sure... He's got good stuff.
dnichols36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
kantstudien

Torium 16 is a great reel once you change the drags out to Carbontex and add the Trinidad DC dog conversion to it. All the size you need if you use 65lb spectra with a short topshot, perfect for a variety of applications.
kantstudien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #9
abovi001
Junior

Thank you for all the advice... just widened my selections even more! Im just getting into this vast world of kayak and only messed around with the basic near shore species (bass, etc) looking to go bigger with this addiction!
abovi001 is offline   Reply With Quote