Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
Mr hooks

12/30/12 la Jolla fish Report

Well first off the weather was great today with all the crazy rain here and there I've trying to get out on the water. So finally I was seen a post by Stinkymatt and he was taken about trying head out La Jolla today but with the weather wasn't sure if would worth the drive down anyhow I called Matt and we desided to head out Sunday morning. Meet at 5ish and get down to lunch ramp at 7am. So here I am last minute re-organizing my yak rod holders install new fish finder ect. Up tell 12am. Getting all the min. Stuff ready. For me this is my time out to La Jolla and some thing I've waiting to do since I started getting into the sport. So what way to better go some where than guys that aready been there. Got to the lunch at 7 and meet up with Drake checked out the surf and in was great for me being my first surf lunch. Got out with out no probs so were out. Made some green backs so I told I would the new guy And had to make bait for all of us. No prob catch some have a little fun no prob. So after I was thinking alright it's time stop playing around with pesky Mac s and look for honey hole. Lets get some Big Reds. Any how on the way down we see some bird action so we make a move to check it. As for me I'm thinking great another school of Macs. More bait after like 20 already have. All right lets make bait Okay. Drop my jig and slam huge Mac. There for like one second cut off. Shoot all right tie another one on as I'm yelling over to the guys there's fish here not Mac but some thing bigger then as I'm yelling slam Drake on O shoot tie faster then I'm looking at Matt and he's on. Shoot finialy get my new jig tied on. Drop send her down and back up no bites. All send it back down and slam my rod bent all the way over. All game on all three of hooked up at the same time. Could not ask for more. All Yellows landed. All I got to say is today was a great day on the water, great way to end the year. Fishing with the right guys makes all the difference. Thank you guys very much for putting me the fish. First time out to La Jolla a I had a blast. Thanks Guys
Mr hooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
Mr hooks

Here's pics
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
Mr hooks

Nice
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
Mr hooks

Talking

Did not prof read my post been a long day so feel free to fill the words were needed thanks guys Tight Line until next time good night.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #5
Drake

Meet the newest member of the lollipop guild
Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr hooks View Post
Did not prof read my post been a long day so feel free to fill the words were needed thanks guys Tight Line until next time good night.
You can probably still edit it haha
Old 12-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #7
Biggameaddict
The Kayak Peddler

Thats sick all you guys got yellows! Thats a great day especially for your first time. Congrats.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
Drake

Don't let the weather scare you
Old 12-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
StinkyMatt

Lollipops are soooo yesterday........

The pretty one. 33# (the fish!)

Rich's LJ cherry popper

Great weather
All fish on the iron, very deep.
There were some weird sqyuishy things floating around when one of the YT puked.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #10
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

Beautiful
Old 12-31-2012, 03:55 AM   #11
RobFish
Massive Member

Well done gents!
Congrats on your first YT Mr. Hooks, and on the iron no less. Awesome!!!
Check out Drake and his new waders. Getting blood on them on your first trip out...priceless.
Now, lollipops losing their status to apples? You go with that campaign Matt.
I wasn't even there and even I got hooked up. Thanks again ND.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:28 AM   #12
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Super jealous right now....

Way to get 'em in the dead of winter....

@ StinkyMatt - My son, Elijah, is looking at this post right now and tells me Brian is still a better fisherman than you....
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:59 AM   #13
driftwood

Very well done boys. CONGRATS!
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #14
ful-rac
Emperor

Whaaat?! How dare you guys hold drakes fish! Sneaky basturds! Matt who taught you how to hold that fish like a champion!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:32 AM   #15
Old Man in the Sea

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Man in the Sea
Excellent Job!!! way to battle the elements to bring home the bacon!!!
Old Man in the Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #16
Mr hooks

Talking Edited Post After full nights rest.

Well first off the weather was great today with all the crazy rain here and there. I've been trying to get out on the water. So finally I seen a post by Stinkymatt and he was talken about Heading out to La Jolla on Sunsay, but with all the weather I wasn't sure if it would be worth the drive down anyhow I called Matt and we desided to head out Sunday morning. Meet at 5ish and get down to Launch ramp ramp at 7am. So here I am last minute re-organizing my yak rod holders, install new fish finder ect. Up tell 12am. Getting all the last Minute Stuff ready. For me this is my first time out to La Jolla. Got to the Launch ramp at 7 and meet up with Drake checked out the surf and in was small. Perfect for me being my first surf lunch. Got out with out no Problems. So we were headed out to Honey Hole. So Im told supper big Reds. Made some green backs. No prob Plenty of bait fish in the water. Catching some Medium sized Macs, have a little fun trowing the Iron. So after I was thinking alright it's time stop playing around with pesky Mac s and look for the honey hole. Lets get some Big Reds. Any how on the way down we see some bird action so we make a move to check it. As for me I'm thinking great another school of Macs. More bait after like 20. Drop my Iron and get slammed huge Mac or maybe not. Hooked up for like one second, cut off. All right tie another one on as I'm yelling over to the guys there's fish here. As I'm yelling Drak gets hooked up. O shit tie faster, then I'm looking at Matt and he's on. Shoot finialy get my new Iron tied on. Send her down and back up no bites. Send it back down and slam my rod bent all the way over. All three of us Hooked up at same time I could not ask for more. All Yellows landed. All I got to say is today, was a great day on the water. Great way to end the year. Fishing with Awesome guys makes all the difference. Thank you guys very much for putting me the fish. First time out to La Jolla and I had a blast. Thanks Guys Time to Celebrate Happy New Years to Bwe Members
Old 12-31-2012, 08:01 AM   #17
DanaPT

nice post. congrats. Happy new year sashimi style.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:00 AM   #18
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

NICE YELLOW GUYS~!

I was home staying warm...

Hey!!

Why did Matt yellowtail change in size from the one he is holding on the kayak to the one big one on shore....

something is funny here.....

Did Matt get the 18lbs one...

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it

Last edited by wiredantz; 12-31-2012 at 09:16 AM.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #19
Deamon

Very nice!!!
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:25 PM   #20
ful-rac
Emperor

So mr hooks...you blew matt.......s, master plan to keep this one under wraps... Good job! He tried to pull a fast one on us and...uh thanks to you he didn't get away with it...! I like you already!!! HEH HEH!