Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2012, 06:13 AM   #1
tasteslikechikn54

Molded bait tank for Malibu pro explorer?

Does anyone know if Malibu makes a molded bait tank for the square hatch on a Malibu pro explorer? Thank you...
tasteslikechikn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
Jimmyz123

Paging Iceman, paging Iceman. Can you please help this customer? Thank you.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Siebler

They dont. The extreme one may work however the tanks were made to sit behind you, being in front of you would probably make paddling quite difficult.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
tasteslikechikn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
They dont. The extreme one may work however the tanks were made to sit behind you, being in front of you would probably make paddling quite difficult.
CJ,

Can you please enlighten me why it would be tougher paddling having the tank in the center hatch? Im a bit on the green side, only kayak fishing 6 months or so. I thought it would be more convenient having easy access to the bait tank if it was located directly in front of me while fishing...

I did see the tank that malibu makes for the extreme and just wondered why they wouldn't market one for the pro explorer. The square hatches appear to be of the same size... And I was curious to see if they made one.... I've been saving my cash because originally I had decided on getting the ultimate bait tank that you guys build at OEX... I might have to stick with the original plan... Thanks for the input.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasteslikechikn54 View Post
CJ,

Can you please enlighten me why it would be tougher paddling having the tank in the center hatch? Im a bit on the green side, only kayak fishing 6 months or so. I thought it would be more convenient having easy access to the bait tank if it was located directly in front of me while fishing...

I did see the tank that malibu makes for the extreme and just wondered why they wouldn't market one for the pro explorer. The square hatches appear to be of the same size... And I was curious to see if they made one.... I've been saving my cash because originally I had decided on getting the ultimate bait tank that you guys build at OEX... I might have to stick with the original plan... Thanks for the input.
Imagine paddling with a 5 gallon bucket in your lap. the height of the tank would interfere with your stroke, (shut it...) if you had a flush mounted tank like a "kaya tank" that would be a different story.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
tasteslikechikn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
Imagine paddling with a 5 gallon bucket in your lap. the height of the tank would interfere with your stroke, (shut it...) if you had a flush mounted tank like a "kaya tank" that would be a different story.
Ha ha.... You said stroke.

All kidding aside, that would make sense. Thanks for the input, fellas. Ultimate bait tank it is... Thanks again....