Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
fishsouthcounty

landing net....

So im looking to get a landing net....mostly just looking for suggestions on a good net? anybody have input on the promar collapsibles?

or if anyone has one they would like to sell i am interested.

thanks guys
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
flydigital

Promar collapsible is pretty good, just keep the latch mechanism well lubricated. I've had mine 2 years or so with no problems. I don't really use it anymore, it just stays in the front hatch to be legal. There was one time I had to grab it out for a questionable halibut during a tourney and it works good for those rare occasions without being in the way.
flydigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Like the previous post, I also have a Promar net {(ie. LN 651) meets minimum net requirements set by DFG}. IMO one of the best/well made nets on the market. They also have some good customer service!!!
Had bought the net from Hook 1. When it arrived I put the handle together and the front button got stuck and wouldn't pop out. Worked on it for 2 hours with no success. Since they're in the So. Bay I thought I'd give them a call. They asked me to send me some pics of the problem (since I didn't live anywhere close to them and returning just the handle would end up costing me an additional $10 thus negating the savings of buying from Hook 1 plus the 10% existing customer loyalty rebate). Received the new handle a week later and attached with no problem. They are definately a heavy net but for the $ I believe it's the sturdiest net on the market.
I like it so much I plan on purchasing the LN-651 for my freshwater fishing!
Just my opinion,
FFY

Last edited by FlyFishinYakr; 05-27-2011 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Product correction
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
fishsouthcounty

good deal thanks guys....I live real close to Karen and Mark who run Hook1. They just let me come over to their house where they have a ton of product stored in their garage and shop around, that way i get to avoid any shipping costs. Looks like ill be picking up on of the LN-651 nets before my next outing.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

Great landing net- well worth the cost

We had issues with premature catch and release before we started using the LN-702 net from Promar, we went 5 fish for 10 hook-ups on our previous lake Irvine adventure. Now, our fish count has gone up 100%. The 6lb Brown pictured here jumped 14 times before we landed him, most jumps were at least 4 feet high! It was mostly a team effort to land this fish because on the 13th jump I noticed the lure making it's way out of the Brown's huge mouth and I told Roman that this was it and if he wanted to land this fish, now would be a good time! When he made his last and final jump (14th) time seemed to slow down as we watched what appeared to be in slow motion the fish shaking his huge head from side to side throw the lure free of his mouth and we thought it was all over. Fortunately for us, on his way down I extended the net and the prize fell right in! But then the lure also fell in and with the fish thrashing around the treble hooks tangled in the soft net and was a nightmare to remove . It took us longer to untangle and remove the lure than the total fight time of the fish! Well, as you can see our efforts paid off and our relatively small investment in the landing net was a big part of our success, although I recommend spending the extra dollars to get the snag proof net. This time we were 8 for 8 on the Irvine trout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1290618.jpg (67.3 KB, 76 views)
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsouthcounty View Post
good deal thanks guys....I live real close to Karen and Mark who run Hook1. They just let me come over to their house where they have a ton of product stored in their garage and shop around, that way i get to avoid any shipping costs. Looks like ill be picking up on of the LN-651 nets before my next outing.

whats your pay pal info, next time i need something, i will send you the cash so you can get it for me.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #7
fishsouthcounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
whats your pay pal info, next time i need something, i will send you the cash so you can get it for me.
haha no doubt man....i got two of those new scotty rocket launchers that i cant seem to find a flush area to mount them to i am probably lookin to get rid of too....let me know next time you make a trip to DPH and i can pick some stuff up for you and just give me cash when you get to town