Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #1
SASQUATCH

OK BIG GAME PROWLER ROD POD HATCH

After looking online and not finding too much in the way of making this hatch, I decided to just do it and am quite pleased with the results. Plenty of room for rods and gear and slightly more room than the factory ones that have a wider hatch. More room to come after I make a fiberglass lid which will be narrower, stronger, and a better seal. I know this kayak is a little outdated but it has served me well as I am a pretty big guy and it floats me just fine. After making the cut, I filed the rough edge and applied automotive door trim moulding to dress up the edge. Hopefully this helps for those of us who have the Big Game Prowler still.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (30.7 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (30.0 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by SASQUATCH; 12-04-2013 at 08:04 AM. Reason: add pictures
SASQUATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
SASQUATCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASQUATCH View Post
After looking online and not finding too much in the way of making this hatch, I decided to just do it and am quite pleased with the results. Plenty of room for rods and gear and slightly more room than the factory ones that have a wider hatch. More room to come after I make a fiberglass lid which will be narrower, stronger, and a better seal. I know this kayak is a little outdated but it has served me well as I am a pretty big guy and it floats me just fine. After making the cut, I filed the rough edge and applied automotive door trim moulding to dress up the edge. Hopefully this helps for those of us who have the Big Game Prowler still.
cant seem to view the pictures. anyone can help?
Old 12-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
rogersmith

look forward to your pics, but in the meantime check out the Prowler II coming next year, you might be able to buy a mod pod hatch cover that fits your Prowler I
http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...ame-ii-205026/
rogersmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
SASQUATCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASQUATCH View Post
cant seem to view the pictures. anyone can help?
figured it out. Just had to read the directions.....duh...loll
Old 12-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
SASQUATCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersmith View Post
look forward to your pics, but in the meantime check out the Prowler II coming next year, you might be able to buy a mod pod hatch cover that fits your Prowler I
Pretty cool setup. I have seen online where someone has made a fiberglass hatch that is pretty awesome. I used to build surfboards for myself and friends and would like to do some fiberglass work for old time sake. Carbon fiber would be overkill but would look pretty badass.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #6
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersmith View Post

That goes to a nice competitor for the X- Factor Kayak. I like the idea of the rod pod in the middle.

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote