Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #1
Sherm

after work on the bay 9-9-08

Couldn't stand looking at the weather outside the office window. Said "srew it...I'm going fishing". Fortunately the house is close by and the yak is always ready to go.

I hit the water at 4:20pm and went to a close by spot. It's getting dark earlier and earlier these days and I wanted to make sure I got a good amount of fishing in. I paddled by the SI pier just close enough to tempt a couple of dill holes who thought it would be fun to cast sinkers at me. Your aim and girly man arms could not even come close to me. If those guys weren't so I might have been concerned.

I arrived to where I wanted to set my drifts and the tide was not moving at all. There was some wind so I did get some movement on the yak. Started slow with a couple of dink sand bass. Then the fishing started to pick up. Spotties were the hungry fish of the day. I was catching them in all depths and on several different types of gulp baits. The bigger models were in the deeper water and after an hour or so they quit biting. I moved to shallow water and the smaller models were chewing. They were fun on the 6lb test. I sat in this one spot that was close to shore. There were three old ladies sitting on a bench getting a kick out of watching me catch dink spotties. I sat there catching fish, smoking a cigar, and enjoying the sunset. Off the water by 7pm. A great night on the water with a lot of action. The biggest spottie went 20 inches and there were a bunch in assorted sizes after that.

I love San Diego after the tourists go home. Easy parking down by the water and the weather was perfect.

Tight Lines

Fish Count:

3 Turdrollers (dinks)
17 Spotties (8 to 20 inches)

That's it.
Attached Thumbnails
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:10 AM   #2
GHOSTHUNTR

So you got on the water at 4:20 and you were smoking cigars? Yeah, sure.. Seriously, though, that looks like an awful lot of fun. Nice weather, nice spotties.
GHOSTHUNTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
Spyder

Way to go wingman, that spottie is a freakin toad

I opted to hang out with the kids at Santa Clara Point with the yaks last night.

Nick and I will be heading out off LJ tomorrow morning to try and get "that" YT.......
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
Sherm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyuptim View Post
So you got on the water at 4:20 and you were smoking cigars? Yeah, sure.. Seriously, though, that looks like an awful lot of fun. Nice weather, nice spotties.

4:30 am or pm doesn't matter. A cigar is a must when fishing.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
Spyder

I believe he means 420 as in wacky weed Sherm. Man your old, LOL
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:16 AM   #6
reel fishy

Nice spotties Sherm! Sounds like a fun day.

Good meeting you and Spyder at the Moyer tourney. Too bad we didn't catch anything to weigh in. Next year maybe.

reel fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:27 AM   #7
Sherm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
I believe he means 420 as in wacky weed Sherm. Man your old, LOL
I must be old. I still don't get it. Is that some kind of code? I mean what ever happened to just calling it weed, dope, reefer, whacky tobacky, mary jane, pot, maui wowie, stuff like that? I guess I lost touch with the younger guys when I became a grandpa.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:30 AM   #8
Sherm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reel fishy View Post
Nice spotties Sherm! Sounds like a fun day.

Good meeting you and Spyder at the Moyer tourney. Too bad we didn't catch anything to weigh in. Next year maybe.

Nice meeting you as well. I got to weigh in a bonito for the tourney but it was 8 ounces shy. Next year.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:35 AM   #9
deeberdave

Nice pics, looks like a great evening, thanks for the post
deeberdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #10
wokiee

nice pics
wokiee is offline   Reply With Quote