Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 09-23-2020, 01:24 PM   #1
Harry Hill

Lake Perris 9/23

Better day today, at least the bass were friendlier to me. Three nice fish the biggest being 15" and the smallest 13" then a bunch of dinks to keep me busy. I cruised the whole dam to the tower and the best bite was fifty feet from where I launched. I looked like all the suspended fish were at 25' in 60 to 70 feet of water. Any deeper or shallower and I didn't see any suspended fish. I did see some schools shad getting chased on the surface but I couldn't get to them fast enough to take advantage of the action.I put my fit bit on my shoe and it said I got 49,000 steps, that is a record for me.
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2020, 02:12 PM   #2
SoCalEDC

Cool. What are the regs like for yakking on lake perris? Special parking, inspections, etc?

P.s. I always wonder what kind of work I get when im on the water and would like to wear my fitbit when I paddle, but Im worried about salt destroying it. Interesting.
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 03:29 PM   #3
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalEDC View Post
Cool. What are the regs like for yakking on lake perris? Special parking, inspections, etc?

P.s. I always wonder what kind of work I get when im on the water and would like to wear my fitbit when I paddle, but Im worried about salt destroying it. Interesting.
Lake Perris is Yak friendly. When you check in they will check you kayak for signs of muscles or standing water in the yak. They do that to all boats unless you have already been on a state park lake and have the lead seal. Once they inspect you kayak you will get an inspection sheet, pay your entry fee, $10, and go yaking. You can launch virtually anywhere you can get to. I go to sail beach because I can drive right to the water and launch. Parking is easy, big slots for vehicles pulling trailers. On weekends you have to watch for drunk boaters but it isn't a problem on weekdays, then you just have to watch out for boaters. I wear my fitbit and always get my steps, paddling gives you more than peddling. I also fish the bays and haven't had any salt issues. Fitbits just don't last for me because of my skin chemistry but my wife's never has any issues. I never go on weekends, I don't like crowds.