Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-10-2005, 06:52 AM   #1
madscientist

10/9 PM

After missing the beautiful morning I hit the water late for a beautiful PM. Surf was up a bit but the big stuff was longer period so not too bad. Found nice little spanish right away and headed out past the hotel. 3 juvenile dogs were driving me crazy. They were horsing around with each other and creating boils all over the place. Bait was everywhere coming off the kelp. Drifted one up one down. Bottom gets picked up and I'm on something big. Doesn't really run but takes some work coming off the bottom. Got it to color but couldn't see it with the glare, when the leader gives. Damn. Probably shark but might have been a big hali or even a small BSB. Wish I could have seen it. Retied and dropped back down and immediately got hit but didn't stick. Wasn't really prepared for night fishing so I headed in with the setting sun. Surf had calmed a bit by the time I landed. Tremendous conditions and it started to look fishy for the first time in a while. Hope this week heats up.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote