Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2009, 01:49 AM   #1
so cal shaggy

MLPA 101

OK guys here is an opportunity to have theMLPA process explained in a simplified way. This information workshop can help you get a grasp on what the process is all about including how they have come with the different maps and why.
We have been given a great opportunity!!! Count them...3 nights of MLPA 101!!!

Monday, May 11. Tuesday, May 12. Monday, May 18.

Start time will be 7PM. It will still take me 2 solid hrs to cover all the pertinent information. I will likely have the newest iterations of some work room maps if I can smuggle them out. We will be going over things a little differently, as it is pretty late in the game for some of the stuff regarding SAT review and such. No matter, we will give you the ins and outs! The guys at UASC are really doing the fishing public a big favor, and I am really greatful for the opportunity.

The best contact for location info and adress, etc is United Anglers of Southern California. (949) 863-9447. I will post an adress tomorrow for you. The location is in Signal Hill, Long Beach. We can handle 100 a night!!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:45 AM   #2
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Thumbs up

Thanks Jeff,

I copied this info to Baytubers.com website as well. Any of you northern BWE people, hope you can make this.

Jeff any chance this workshop will come to San Diego?

Chris
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:59 AM   #3
kurt

Thanks, Jeff. I'll make it to one of those meetings.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
so cal shaggy

mlpa

Chris, I think Paul was trying to get one put together for San Diego, I will ask where he is at with that.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #5
Quilted Germ

I would be interested in a San Diego meeting...if it matters
Quilted Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
fryguy

Hey what do you guys think about compiling a list of people committed to going to the next MLPA meeting - like they do with elections to see how many to expect. At least then we can see how strong our force is before we go, and if it's lacking, we can try to make extra efforts to beef up the numbers.

I don't mean gathering names and personal information, just getting a count together.

good idea? bad idea?
fryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy View Post
Hey what do you guys think about compiling a list of people committed to going to the next MLPA meeting - like they do with elections to see how many to expect. At least then we can see how strong our force is before we go, and if it's lacking, we can try to make extra efforts to beef up the numbers.

I don't mean gathering names and personal information, just getting a count together.

good idea? bad idea?

Great Idea, I am going to post up on Monday, date, and time, etc. We can then start a list of attendees...

I don't want to post on Friday, most people are already thinking about the following... :ha ndkiss:
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #8
zenspearo

Guys,

Carpool and go up and attend.

Don't wait for the San Diego one.

Paul is very very over-stretched and he is starting a new job (has been living off his savings and working on MLPA as a volunteer but no one can do that forever).

From what I understand, San Diego will not have a MLPA 101 for a long time (as far as MLPA timeline is concerned). Others who have been with this process from day one will try to step in and expand this seminar but no dates set for San Diego.

Bottomline: Let's get up there and get armed with knowledge so you can be a more effective advocate for kayak fishing.
zenspearo is offline   Reply With Quote