Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
ken aguilar

Gator Hatch or just a hatch for X-Factor

Hello,

I have an X-Factor that I am working on. I need a front hatch, I would prefer a gator hatch but I can make due with a normal hatch. Please let me know how much you want for it? I appreciate it, I'm working on a budget and building up both my yak and my fishing gear. !!!!
ken aguilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:33 AM   #2
kareem korn

I would say if your kayak has the regular hatch, I wouldn't upgrade unless you have a kid under 5 that you'd bring out to the bay. Other than that you won't get anything out of upgrading.
kareem korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #3
ken aguilar

Thanks Kareem, Actually it does not have a hatch, it was never installed or even cut. it does have strapping. Anyways, a gator hatch would be nice, I have a 16 month old, I tried to put a fishing rod UL in his hands but he just tossed it. I'll give him a few more months. As for the upgrade either or will work!

I dumped way too much into my rods and reels but I wanted the right set ups, I'm totally happy with my rods, now I need to be able to stow them away, because i'm sure I will dump when I try my first surf landing
Old 05-27-2010, 08:00 AM   #4
herefishyfishy!

Hey Ken,

Call Malibu and tell them you would like to get a new hatch for your xfactor. When I went up there to get my new xfactor and trade in my old one, they let me keep the old hatch for a buddies kayak and also gave me new straps, weather striping and everything i needed for the installation for my buddy, no extra cost! They are super cool and the factory/warehouse is a rad place to watch them actually making the yaks. Just a thought. Hope that helps.

Evan
Old 05-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #5
Dean Machine

If you haven't already, you may want to consider some rod leashes/tethers too. Its not if you wil roll your yak, its when. It will happen when you least expect it. It still amazes me how many people still learn the hard way with this one. Its even worse when you lose something because you didn't have it hooked to the leash.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #6
ken aguilar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Machine View Post
If you haven't already, you may want to consider some rod leashes/tethers too. Its not if you wil roll your yak, its when. It will happen when you least expect it. It still amazes me how many people still learn the hard way with this one. Its even worse when you lose something because you didn't have it hooked to the leash.
Im already on that point, thanks Dean! I spent way to much on my gear to donate it to the bottom of the ocean!
Old 05-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
Dean Machine

Good luck on hooking up with some big fish.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #8
THE DARKHORSE

I've got a gator hatch for the X-Factor, Ken. Not much use for it these days. Let me know.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:47 PM   #9
ken aguilar

Sent you a Pm Josh