Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2014, 03:24 AM   #1
Killa-P
Junior

Cool Off shore Fishing Bud Needed

Going to be in the Panama City Beach area June 30th until the 11th of July Looking to take out my Hobie Outback. If anyone one wants to be bothered with a Newb out on the water give me a reply. A great way to not have to buy your own bait and beer as I will furnish both to whom ever would like to roll out with me.

Thanks in Advance
Killa-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #2
YakDout
Brandon

First, please post your threads in the right location. The kayak fishing reports sections is strictly for reports.

Second, I'm not sure there are too many guys on this site who live in Florida. It would be a fair assumption to say that the majority of guys who are active on BWE live in California, Southern California to be more specific.

That being said, good luck out there. I'm sure there are tons of good sportfishing to be had on the east coast. Also, stay safe and make sure you bring a somewhat experienced open water kayaker with you for not only your inaugural trip but a few more as well.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
StinkyMatt

There goes the nice welcome.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:16 PM   #4
YakDout
Brandon

Didn't know that I was out of line for correcting him on where to post. And what was your welcome that you had for the newbie? Or was your sentence to me, his welcome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #5
Team Sewer

I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!!
Team Sewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #6
Linglifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
First, please post your threads in the right location. The kayak fishing reports sections is strictly for reports.

Second, I'm not sure there are too many guys on this site who live in Florida. It would be a fair assumption to say that the majority of guys who are active on BWE live in California, Southern California to be more specific.

That being said, good luck out there. I'm sure there are tons of good sportfishing to be had on the east coast. Also, stay safe and make sure you bring a somewhat experienced open water kayaker with you for not only your inaugural trip but a few more as well.
Nice one! If I were that guy I would feel stupid and feel your being a dick. I would probably never reccomend this forum to anyone whoever asked me about SoCal kayak fish forums. Think before you preach and embarrass a fellow fisherman.
Linglifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #7
Linglifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa-P View Post
Going to be in the Panama City Beach area June 30th until the 11th of July Looking to take out my Hobie Outback. If anyone one wants to be bothered with a Newb out on the water give me a reply. A great way to not have to buy your own bait and beer as I will furnish both to whom ever would like to roll out with me.

Thanks in Advance
Try "gulf coast kayak fishing association" they are based out of Pensacola and I know there are a few members from p city on there. You will find them on Facebook. Gooduck lots of fish down there
Old 06-28-2014, 06:03 PM   #8
Aaron&Julie

Before you so quickly chastise a response, how about greeting the newbie? Easy to be critical, around here.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:30 PM   #9
Linglifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron&Julie View Post
Before you so quickly chastise a response, how about greeting the newbie? Easy to be critical, around here.
Agreed as in the first response. Offer the fellow fisherman some insight. The first response from yak doubt was undoubtably negative. The first words should have been, Welcome! Get over your self yak doubt One substantial reason I don't post hereanymore and will not. I'm not a person to criticize but only thiosulfate who do the criticizing all for fun here lighten up!

I troll for fish not a forum bite!
Old 06-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #10
DennisMorgan

This is a great forum. I enjoy posting here and just like other areas of life some folks make statements they wish they could take back. Let's keep posting guys hell I look forward to seeing all of your efforts to catch fish and let's be good anglers an support other anglers....keep it cool and have fun....fish on boys 😄

Old 06-28-2014, 07:26 PM   #11
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linglifter View Post
Agreed as in the first response. Offer the fellow fisherman some insight. The first response from yak doubt was undoubtably negative. The first words should have been, Welcome! Get over your self yak doubt One substantial reason I don't post hereanymore and will not. I'm not a person to criticize but only thiosulfate who do the criticizing all for fun here lighten up!

I troll for fish not a forum bite!
Actually my remark was more about StinkyMatt's post, than Yakdout's.

So very, very true, I believe Yakdout was rude in his welcoming. But, then again, StinkyMatt's response to Yakdout's wasn't a welcoming at all to the newbie. All it did was chastise Yakdout WITHOUT even welcoming the newbie. That isn't right either.

If our 1st response to a Newbie's post isn't a response to that, but a criticsim of others, how in the world is that a welcoming?
Old 06-28-2014, 07:34 PM   #12
DennisMorgan

Fish on...tight lines boys 🎣

Old 06-28-2014, 07:47 PM   #13
driftwood

Man up everyone!

driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:53 PM   #14
jorluivil

Fishing must be slow in certain parts of the California coast

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #15
h2ofishfo

Bahahhhaaba who cares don't get it twisted he was letting him know and a little harsh yes but 411 recieved done and done I flying there now just for the beer
h2ofishfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:10 PM   #16
YakDout
Brandon

Sorry for the informative post and saying good luck to the guy and be safe.. Not sure how in anyway that's indicative of being a "dick"
But linglifter, when you say good luck it's ok? Because it comes from you?

Gotcha. I see why you don't post here anymore

Old 06-28-2014, 08:38 PM   #17
JeffB

Hey welcome to the site. Look up ( Lowprofile ) he moved from here in SD to I believe Pensacola. He stationed over there. It's been a while since I've been there last, but I think it's only about 30min away down the strand. I would hit him up for sure. He seems to have it dialed in over there.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:39 PM   #18
JeffB

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/member.php?u=4401
Old 06-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #19
Dannowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
Man up everyone!

F'reals
Old 06-28-2014, 08:58 PM   #20
ZUMAN

Quote: