Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
Billy V

Rick's fish was bleed on the kayak and weighed on a certified scale (5) Hours later. It still managed a tick over #52.

If there wasn't such a long delay getting it to the scale I believe it would be the record.

Arne's fish was 52 lbs 8 oz.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
Siebler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post
Rick's fish was bleed on the kayak and weighed on a certified scale (5) Hours later. It still managed a tick over #52.

If there wasn't such a long delay getting it to the scale I believe it would be the record.
Being that I was the one to do the certified weight on Ricks fish I 100% agree with this statement. This fish easily lost enough weight to beat out Arnes fish. It was fairly dry when it got to OEX plus that little bit of weight the bleeding takes would have put it over im sure.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:43 AM   #3
j mo

Thanks Jim for taking one for the team over on BD, well said.....
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:51 AM   #4
Arne

Damn I didn't want to do this ... but just so the "record's" straight:

All the fish was eaten. Two fish in one day, three fish in three days, five fish on a three day trip, who friggin cares. It wasn't gill netted, store bought fish ... it was perfectly legal ... it surely wasn't immoral ... and it wasn't, imfo, excessive. 'Nuff said.

The "record" is pretty meaningless - I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. It's gonna be broken. But if you're gonna consider "what ifs" ... then get 'em all in Mine was bled otw. Don't know how long it was b/t catch and scale but I'm guessing at least a few hours. I fished a while longer - at least long enough to fight another yt where I "practiced my release" - got a few pics in, distributed some bait, paddled in, took some more pics and tape shots, stopped for coffee, yadayadayada, and then drove up to Oceanside for the weight. It, too, was dry and stiff ...

I'm out,
Arne
Old 02-05-2010, 07:44 AM   #5
Jim Sammons LJKF

Nice, Arne, likely the most class guy ever to paddle in La Jolla getting called out by a guy with 10 posts on this site.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #6
JoeBeck

I've been reading post from Arne over the years, Great fisherman with a wealth of knowledge. Definitely someone to learn from.

Jim Day - Way to put it down on the other site, another guy with a wealth of knowledge.
JoeBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #7
CandyCatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBeck View Post
I've been reading post from Arne over the years, Great fisherman with a wealth of knowledge. Definitely someone to learn from.

Jim Day - Way to put it down on the other site, another guy with a wealth of knowledge.
Arne...Props to you....for your awesome fish and your well worded post....

and to Jim....for his post "over there".....well done!!!
CandyCatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #8
kurtfish

Jealousy & Honesty

Yes Jim I am not a Senior Member like yourself and Arne. I do respect the longevity and experience of this forum. Envy may have been my primary motivation for the use of the word excessive but I did not call Arne a lair as I suggested Mr. Miller may be. I apprecaite Arne sharing that he did practice some restrant with a realease on his extraordinary day. My question is how the heck do you land and release another fish with two 50 lbers in your yak? That is truely a feat of a lifetime.

I apprecaite the inshights shared on this forum and I was mainly motivated by a desire to get the most accurate information to all. Mr. Miller is obvious a talented fisherman and I appreciate his sharing of tecniques as well. However, I also agree that one pic post a week may be sufficent to get the point across to those in the know.
kurtfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #9
tptrench

geez!

This is looking too much like a BD thread! I won't even go there anymore. Give it a rest!
tptrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #10
dfroggy54
Rolly

nice fish..beeendddoooo
dfroggy54 is offline   Reply With Quote