Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
Zurc
Junior

Fishing in Tunisia

Hey everyone.

How has the fishing been... I Know it is a long shot but has anyone ever been fishing in Tunisia? Why am I asking you wonder... Well last January I submitted a pakage to become a Detachment Commander for a Marine Security Guard detachment. Well for the last 2 months i was attending one of the hardest courses I have ever bee thru in my Marine Corps carrer and probably my life and I made it... On November 19th I graduated from MSG school and got order to tunis, Tunisia which is located in northern Africa right on the Medditeranian...

Man I can't wait to leave and fish the Med but I have no idea what to excpect... I'm probably going to buy a kayak before I leave just cause I got a feeling shipping would cost an arm and a leg.. But does anyone know how the fishing is down there.

Well Thanks in advacne

Hector
Zurc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

I don't know anything about sportfishing in that part of the world but most of the commercial fishing in that region targets a variety of very small fish. The Med has a very abundant fish inventory however. Surprisingly, some of the most prized sushi quality tuna comes from the Med. The big ones are usually not found very close to coastal waters however.

I have never been to Tunisia but is suspect that you might be the only yakfisher for hundreds of miles should you decide to give it a try. If you decide to go for it, please send a report back to the rest of us.

You new assignment sounds like it will be very interesting. I am sure that I speak for everyone on this forum when say that I hope that you and your mates stay safe and return home soon.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
old_rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurc View Post
Hey everyone.

How has the fishing been... I Know it is a long shot but has anyone ever been fishing in Tunisia? Why am I asking you wonder... Well last January I submitted a pakage to become a Detachment Commander for a Marine Security Guard detachment. Well for the last 2 months i was attending one of the hardest courses I have ever bee thru in my Marine Corps carrer and probably my life and I made it... On November 19th I graduated from MSG school and got order to tunis, Tunisia which is located in northern Africa right on the Medditeranian...

Man I can't wait to leave and fish the Med but I have no idea what to excpect... I'm probably going to buy a kayak before I leave just cause I got a feeling shipping would cost an arm and a leg.. But does anyone know how the fishing is down there.

Well Thanks in advacne

Hector
Does this help:
http://www.cotepeche.fr/forums/peche...e-t343-10.html
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote