Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
wbrewski

Hobie PA Ducer mount

Where is the best place to mount a ducer in the PA

I am going to wet mount it inside the hull, I just wanted to know the best location with room to work.

Last edited by wbrewski; 04-16-2012 at 07:35 PM.
wbrewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
RockyRaab

Even as we speak, I'm awaiting delivery of a Humminbird through-hull flush mount. It will go between the mast mount and the mirage drive hole in my Pro Angler. Drilling a hole in the hull is more than offset by getting pure readings and instant surface temp, for me at least. Humminbird will exchange any unused 'ducer for the flush mount, no charge.
RockyRaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
Mobsan

You could try the scupper mount that Lowrance sells. It is about $40 and seems like a better option then cutting into your boat. You will have to mount it in the scupper hole in front of your seat so you can still use a bait tank in the back. I think I am going to go this route.
Mobsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
Old Man in the Sea

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Man in the Sea
Hi Rocky - take a couple pics of the new install and let me know how much better it works ok...?
Old Man in the Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:47 AM   #5
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobsan View Post
You could try the scupper mount that Lowrance sells. It is about $40 and seems like a better option then cutting into your boat. You will have to mount it in the scupper hole in front of your seat so you can still use a bait tank in the back. I think I am going to go this route.
From the Hobie site.

http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewt...p?f=26&t=41782

"I am looking at going through the scupper holes on my PA. I was looking at the Lowrance scupper mount. Until I noticed that all it is is a modified sprinkler head. I had several extra Toro sprinkler heads in my garage and they are the same. Just a little modification. So before you spend $54 dollars on the the lowrance mount. take a look at the $1.50 sprinkler. Fits right in the scupper whole."

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
RockyRaab

(I know I answered this, but it poofed.)

Yup, I'll document the install and post pictures. I've never had a "shoot-thru" installation, so I won't be able to judge if this one is "better." I will report on how it works, though.
RockyRaab is offline   Reply With Quote