Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 04-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
yotasan

Kayak cart from wheeleez..

so i needed a cart for my 140. i really like the cart that was on my revo when i had her, so i looked up wheeleez and found that they make carts and rigs for a bunch of applications. i spotted the wheeleez mini on the website and headed down to my local b&m to peep it out. i found that the mini was fricken tiny and put dents in the hull for a kayak this size. it just wasn't wide enough. the lady at the shop recommended that i get the cart one size up from this one, so i priced it out and found that REI had the best price around plus 20% off and another discount using my REI member points and free shipping. long story short, received my cart today this thing is fricken HUGE. I LOVE IT. when i opened the box i couldn't believe how huge the wheels were compared to the old hobie cart. i wheeled my yak around the yard, in the street, up and over curbs, through my neighbors bushes and over his garden. this cart is bad ass. it's like floating on air. just under three feet wide this cart is MEAN. wheeleez also has a seperate option for arms that clip onto the cart with the support running along the length of the kayak instead of across the hull. already ordered....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheeleez.jpg (48.2 KB, 178 views)
Old 04-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
sharjak

Wheeleez makes some good chit
sharjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

Don't forget to support the guys that support you!

I know that getting a bargain is built into our "man genes" The little guys with the specialty shops can't compete with the big box stores on price. (well actually our every day price on this cart is $30 less than REI) We try to make up for it with knowledge, experience and customer service.

http://www.hookedonkayaks.com/produc...idproduct=1385
Old 04-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
blitzburgh

Easy. Andy was definitely not singling you out, he's not that kind of guy, more like giving out vital info for his(&other) small business. In my humble opinion, it's probably not just that the purchase was made elsewhere but that the post was more of an advertisement to buy from REI. The OEX guys have given us a great forum to use as a community. They are all about getting knowledge out there and having fun and doing it affordably.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
yotasan

who bought what where...

I know this post reads kinda weird, I deleted a post that I wrote responding to what Andy wrote, that's where BLITZBURGH came in with EASY...

when I took a minute to read what is "really" going on, ICEMAN's point is well taken.

I didn't mean to promote one competitor over another in fact I apologize if what I wrote above seemed offensive regarding pricing.. it is a competitive world out there and I really didn't mean it like that.

BLITZBURGH you're on point with your post man.. I read way to deep into Andy's post and felt like he was singling me out. I do know him better that that. He's a pros pro when it comes to what we all love to do. That's whey we are on here right?

I am thankful, I believe we all are, that BWE is around and that they have given us this free tool to communicate and learn from.

Andy, sorry man if you took my post the wrong way..
Old 04-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

I got the same ones, Andy actually made me an offer when I bought the revo and I couldn't say no. The only problem with them is they are too big to take out on the H2o and I have been taking a walk back to the truck to put them away. money well spent.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:07 AM   #7
eertkao
Steve-O.

Hey yota,

You gonna give this one away for free too anytime soon? hahah just messin'
Old 04-18-2012, 06:07 AM   #8
Adam12

I have some wheeleez wheels for the pavement for sale. If you want to only use the balloon tires for beach launches. Their more easily stored on your yak too.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=13132
Adam12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #9
yotasan

Thumbs up eertkao

you know I'm good for it

Hit me up? Dana Point?