Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 04-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Yakin

Arrow Hobie PA Live well Idea?!?!?!

I have an idea I have been pondering about for quite a while!
In the middle hatch on the malibu there is a live well.
Yes that area is so much bigger then the hobie's center hatch under the cutting board.
well my idea is to take out the box with all the of plano boxes are in and integrate it into a live well!
I was thinking maybe taking maybe some plastic lining from a swimming pool and line the inside of a 5 gallon bucket to measure out 5 gallons(double lines maybe even triple).
Then line it inside of the hull of the kayak.
Then take the plastic storage been to make a bigger square inside the hull of the kayak so the bag isn't sloshing around and keep the back more stationary.
Once I get that done glue the bag to the walls I've made so I can integrate a drain spout and intake spout.
It would be inside of the kayak be the same size as a regular bait tank but instead of having to turn around to get into it it will be right in between your legs!
then add another inside lining of a fine fine mesh net and apply the same idea at the bait barges to where I have a string or rod attached to the middle of the net and when I lift it up it will bring all the bait or catch to one spot in the net to easy access.
Please tell me your feed on this!
If you think its a good idea, bad idea, or just another little feed on back on an idea to make it better!
I have never herd of someone doing this so I though I might be the 1st.
So please tell me what you think or if the bait will even stay alive!!
Or maybe something OEX could do custom or if it is to risky of a job for them to want to touch, but I was thinking of doing it myself since I have a very VERY limited budget!
Old 04-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
dorado50

its lik u reinvetted the whel ! I thinks u is the fisrt to come up wth this idea. give it a go and show pic of wokr
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
Yakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
its lik u reinvetted the whel ! I thinks u is the fisrt to come up wth this idea. give it a go and show pic of wokr
just my only concern would be how well the bait would keep in there is my biggest worry because then I just spent so much money and time and drilling in my new PA for no reason so still looking for my responses back
Old 04-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
gupppy

i was out in la jolla on my maiden voyage a few weeks back. i managed to snag my line on my rudder, so i pulled up to a gentleman and asked him to give me a hand. he very much obliged. i asked him about the bait situation, where they were and if he had caught any. he responded and also showed me his bait. he lifted his center hatch with 3 or so big mack's swimming around in it. i didn't think anything of it and went on my way. later that day when i got home, i realized he was on a papaya hobie. i couldn't find anything about a livewell in the center hatch on hobies... silly me, so caught up in the moment that i didn't get a chance to ask him about his setup. it made his boat very clean!
gupppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
NEEFFF

Sounds Like a Great! idea to me.. Do ittt!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
Yakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupppy View Post
i asked him about the bait situation, where they were and if he had caught any. he responded and also showed me his bait. he lifted his center hatch with 3 or so big mack's swimming around in it
yeah macs can hold up in almost any kind of tank, I'm hopefully going to make it well enough to where dines can live in it for atleast most of a day you know?
Old 04-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #7
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakin View Post
I have an idea I have been pondering about for quite a while!
In the middle hatch on the malibu there is a live well.
Yes that area is so much bigger then the hobie's center hatch under the cutting board.
well my idea is to take out the box with all the of plano boxes are in and integrate it into a live well!
I was thinking maybe taking maybe some plastic lining from a swimming pool and line the inside of a 5 gallon bucket to measure out 5 gallons(double lines maybe even triple).
Then line it inside of the hull of the kayak.
Then take the plastic storage been to make a bigger square inside the hull of the kayak so the bag isn't sloshing around and keep the back more stationary.
Once I get that done glue the bag to the walls I've made so I can integrate a drain spout and intake spout.
It would be inside of the kayak be the same size as a regular bait tank but instead of having to turn around to get into it it will be right in between your legs!
then add another inside lining of a fine fine mesh net and apply the same idea at the bait barges to where I have a string or rod attached to the middle of the net and when I lift it up it will bring all the bait or catch to one spot in the net to easy access.
Please tell me your feed on this!
If you think its a good idea, bad idea, or just another little feed on back on an idea to make it better!
I have never herd of someone doing this so I though I might be the 1st.
So please tell me what you think or if the bait will even stay alive!!
Or maybe something OEX could do custom or if it is to risky of a job for them to want to touch, but I was thinking of doing it myself since I have a very VERY limited budget!
talk to this guy looks like he might know what hes doing,

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=12628

Quote:
i asked him about the bait situation, where they were and if he had caught any. he responded and also showed me his bait. he lifted his center hatch with 3 or so big mack's swimming around in it. i didn't think anything of it and went on my way. later that day when i got home, i realized he was on a papaya hobie. i couldn't find anything about a livewell in the center hatch on hobies... silly me, so caught up in the moment that i didn't get a chance to ask him about his setup. it made his boat very clean!
KayaTank.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #8
gupppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
KayaTank.
thanks!
gupppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #9
Yakin

Just got off the phone with OEX I think I will just have them build it for me and make it super clean and probly a lot more stronger then what I would make it
Old 04-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
thanks!
that was the easy part, best of luck finding one.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #11
Yakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
that was the easy part, best of luck finding one.
http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...baittanks/Page

kayatank i beleive it is made for the x-factor
Old 04-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
Gigafish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
Treading into a new direction of posting, intent or not. Definitely not the norm.
Gigafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #13
Iceman
Administrator

kayatanks used to be available for just about every popular yak out there. I have some used liners for an Extreme, X Factor and one Hobie. Been hanging on to them for personal use.