Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 10-27-2015, 06:39 PM   #1
parkermann

Any kayak duck hunters?

Hey guys my buddy lives in central California and him and a lot of other people hunt out of their kayaks up there. I really want to do it and have been researching it a whole lot. I found an area near wister that is public and and can be hunted by boat. I am ready to hunt it but I need a buddy. This is my hobie outback in the process of being turned into a blind
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (63.2 KB, 105 views)
parkermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:57 PM   #2
maquinapescado

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sa...f0c05781?hl=en
maquinapescado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:39 AM   #3
hage0429
Junior

Nice looking paint job! I did a ton of duck hunting before moving out here from MN. Have never done it from a Kayak but have used canoes depending on the location; paddling can be a huge advantage in getting back to areas that are too shallow for motors and too mucky for walking.

Not sure how much experience you have but, FYI, you won't actually want to shoot out of the boat if you can possibly avoid it. Use it to get where you want, set decoys, then cover it up with grass and find some cover to stand in. Even if you're knee deep in muck you'll have an easier time hitting your target with your feet under you.

I sort of gave up on duck hunting out here when I realized how far I was going to have to drive to even start scouting but the 12 ga is still collecting dust in my closet. If you want a scouting partner let me know; I'd be up for giving it a go if you have someplace in mind to at least start from.

Good luck!
hage0429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:52 AM   #4
Pocoloco

pm sent
Pocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:54 PM   #5
Johnny343434
Junior

Hey what sup man just recently moved here from South Louisiana and looking for like minded buddies. I brought my kayak along def wanting to find some people to go with, let me know! ya can text 225 572 78 18, I live in Loma Linda but would love to make some trips!
Johnny343434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:05 PM   #6
Dave k

I hunt quite a bit. Only done the kayak thing a couple times and more used the yak to get to a spot than to hunt out of it. Although I picked up a PA and have been thinking of a camo paint job and turning it into a layout boat type of setup. Shoot me a PM and we can possibly set something up.

Hunted the opener up north for a 2 man limit. Hopefully we can get a weather push soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (65.9 KB, 32 views)
Dave k is offline   Reply With Quote