Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #21
-scallywag-
Banned

I heard today someone caught two #40's, stuffed um in the hatch and told everyone around it was a BSB that was released......hahahahaha

Watch out for the kayaker constantly getting towed by "BSB's" with a lowriding kayak.

baaaaahahaha
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #22
driftwood

SD Qualcomm stadium is full of RAIDERFANS!!
Keep your daughters and Hobie mirage pedals locked inside your homes boys!

GO CHARGERS!!!!

I think there is more Raider fans on this site than charger fans. Thats what really kills me!
Time for me to look for a new fishing web site!
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #23
bellcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
SD Qualcomm stadium is full of RAIDERFANS!!
Keep your daughters locked inside your homes boys!

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Tried to avoid this thread like the plague...
but old driftwood had to suck me in

GO RAIDERS !!!!
(and it is "homeboys" not "homes boys")

ps
I'm basically deaf, if I "ignore" any of you on the water, it is probably because I didn't hear you... don't be so sensitive.

ps-ps:

If you think you are only sharing info with your "brother yakkers"
when you post up here on BWE:
Currently Active Users: 124 (15 members and 109 guests)

15 versus 109 easy math, just saying...
be careful out there! and tight lines!
Old 11-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #24
driftwood

That is a very good point Bellcon about the Currently Active Users: 124 (15 members and 109 guests)

Very true... not everyone is a brother yaker.I bet even the fleet of squid boats are watching this site.
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #25
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
That is a very good point Bellcon about the Currently Active Users: 124 (15 members and 109 guests)

Very true... not everyone is a brother yaker.I bet even the fleet of squid boats are watching this site.

Point taken, but the problem with that is that anyone that doesn't sigh in (even members) are listed as guests, so potentially all 109 could be members, just as they might not be.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #26
PAL

You won't have to worry about light boats giving away your squid spots in a few days:

Quote:
Commercial Market Squid Fishery to Close Nov. 18

The Department of Fish and Game (DFG) will close the commercial fishery for market squid, Loligo (Doryteuthis) opalescens, on Friday, Nov. 18 at noon.

Based on landings information and projections, DFG has determined that the season’s harvest limit of 118,000 short tons of market squid will be reached by that date. The squid fishing season runs from April through the following March of each year, meaning the fishery will remain closed through March 31, 2012. Market squid remains the state’s largest and most lucrative commercial fishery, valued at over $73 million in 2010.

DFG has been tracking catches daily this fall in anticipation of reaching the harvest limit, which was established to ensure squid are not overharvested. The harvest limit is one of many constraints on the fishery, which has been managed under the state’s Market Squid Fishery Management Plan since 2005. The goals of the plan are to ensure long-term conservation and sustainability of the market squid resource, reduce the potential for overfishing and provide a framework for management.

In addition to the harvest limit, only a limited number of commercial squid fishing permits are issued, and a closure of the fishery on weekends is imposed to allow for periods of uninterrupted spawning each week.

The plan was developed under the provisions set forth by California’s Marine Life Management Act (MLMA), which became law in 1999. The MLMA created state policies, goals and objectives to govern the conservation, sustainable use and restoration of California’s living marine resources such as squid.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #27
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
Next thing you know: any kayak fisherman who wants to post/view a fishing report has to have a unique password entered into their log in (to get said password you have to visit an OEX Store. This will allow said user to be able to view the fishing reports and post fishing reports.

Whats wrong with you Frank, they'll let anyone post a fishing report, but you just might need that password to view them.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #28
bubblehide

Quote:
Thus it is called a Public Forum

Well, some public forums aren't so public; of course, that doesn't apply to this one.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #29
mtnbykr2

Franks just upset cuz he spent too much money on new equipment this week...lol
But I must say he does have a good point about the new kids on the block who, some have gotten blasted before, I remember one about a "T" shark
that didn't go over so well...
I think this is a great site with alot of good people on it, it would be a shame not to keep gaining new fishin partners, I have met and fished with alot of good folks and like to think I have gained quite a few new friends from this thing we call "fishbook" ...imo
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #30
bubblehide

Quote:
I understand the whole thing about Raiders and Chargers... It is still no reason to be rude and call people names.... and go after people with a gaff stick...

thats just plain wrong....

Holy chit, who's the 5250 dude?
Old 11-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #31
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL View Post
You won't have to worry about light boats giving away your squid spots in a few days:
Based on landings information and projections, DFG has determined that the season’s harvest limit of 118,000 short tons of market squid will be reached by that date. The squid fishing season runs from April through the following March of each year, meaning the fishery will remain closed through March 31, 2012. Market squid remains the state’s largest and most lucrative commercial fishery, valued at over $73 million in 2010.

I hope that this will not be considered hijacking the argument but Paul's post is really interesting. If the carefully regulated number of squid boats can reach their annual limit in half a year that must mean somthing.

Are the squid becoming more plentiful? Are the harvesting methods too efficient? Has the DFG miscalculated the fishing pressure applied by the commercial boats?

If someone knows the answers, I think that it would make interesting reading, (maybe in a new thread).

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #32
bubblehide

Quote:
... It is still no reason to be rude and call people names.... and go after people with a gaff stick...

thats just plain wrong....

Now I can see a girl using a gaff to defend herself, but I simply can't see any self-respecting guy going after another yaker with one (well maybe the dude that stole the Hobie drive).

But I'm still wondering who that tool was????????
Old 11-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #33
-scallywag-
Banned

I made a mistake, sorry Daemon I thought he was reporting someone else's fish, which is totally lame, I didn't realize HE caught it......RAD!!!!!

Come on Daemon lets see those pics, 43lbs is F'n HUGE!!!!

AND BOB....shame on you for de-railing an already de-railed thread...
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:31 PM   #34
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Pal, thanks for the info on the esqueeed situation.

I have one way to settle all this macho posing BS...

Bellcon, PM me your number so I can call you every time we spank your boyz...

By the way, SD Trolley Security is rumored to be on strike today, fish count?

Ha...how about arrest count?

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #35
fishsouthcounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehide View Post
Holy chit, who's the 5250 dude?

you mean 5150?
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #36
radastaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post

I hope that this will not be considered hijacking the argument but Paul's post is really interesting. If the carefully regulated number of squid boats can reach their annual limit in half a year that must mean somthing.

Are the squid becoming more plentiful? Are the harvesting methods too efficient? Has the DFG miscalculated the fishing pressure applied by the commercial boats?

If someone knows the answers, I think that it would make interesting reading, (maybe in a new thread).

Bob
lots of market squid this year

i bet they get the memo
and split on the 18th
those bastards

my ol jeep didnt pass smog
iam bummed

and
this thred (and c-bass) are gay

OP
grazt on the big fish
wherever it is
radastaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:52 AM   #37
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsouthcounty View Post
you mean 5150?

Zactly, damn tpye oohs, fat fingers, or whatever you want to call it.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:40 AM   #38
PAL

Zactly, major squid biomass. The commercials hit their quota early last year too.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #39
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL View Post
Zactly, major squid biomass. The commercials hit their quota early last year too.
Scenario one - 6 months of uninterrupted squid biomass growth and MPA's = a phenomenal year next year with fat fish to be caught by all! (evidenced by this years WSB numbers by even novice fishermen this year)

Scenario two - 6 months of uninterrupted squid biomass growth and MPA's = too much damn bait, not enough game fish, too many fishermen in small areas.

any guesses to next years forecast?

I have an idea... over populated tiny fishing grounds, , bad attitudes, gaffes being used on other fishermen, fishermen catching other fishermen... shit full combat kayak fishing ... the sport of a new generation of yak fishermen!

on that note... I have a really nice outback set up to sell! (will post it appropriately on a different thread so as not to hijack this hijacked, hijacked, hijacked thread.)

Zactly!

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:13 PM   #40
bubblehide

Zactly, Zactly, Zactly!

oh lookie dat, a new trend; zactly.