Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2018, 08:44 AM   #1
ceviche eater

Great Video!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos ballenas View Post
I'm sure there are places that will rent you this kinda thing, but why bother? Towing in Baja can be intense. And so can taking you own boat out.... the winds in Bahia De Loa Angeles can be deadly.... if you don't know what you're doing all it takes is 20 minutes and you're dead.

Chartering pangas to go fishing will be much much cheaper and much safer. Plus the captains down there will know exactly where the fish are, speak great english, and are some of the nicest people you will meet.....

That said it is a great place to bring your own small boat:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...L53OA5T06whUtX
ceviche eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:00 AM   #2
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
PM

Sent you a pm Arkadash.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:53 AM   #3
Mahigeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Sent you a pm Arkadash.
Thanks.

Reply submitted.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:59 AM   #4
oceansdyaker
Junior

BOLA

From what I heard, BOLA is not a place for kayakers. The conditions are not the best for it and it can be dangerous. I have heard others tell me this also. You should consider an alternate. Just my opinion.
oceansdyaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:34 AM   #5
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansdyaker View Post
From what I heard, [the ocean] is not a place for kayakers. The conditions are not the best for it and it can be dangerous. I have heard others tell me this also. You should consider an alternate. Just my opinion.
FFY
Old 07-26-2018, 05:37 PM   #6
fishnstix

Ya shouldn't post second hand knowledge...if ya aint done it then stfu, its not dangerous if your smart about it just like any other place.

Most of the fishing grounds are too far out for a yak (yes I have done it, been there maybe over 75 times over the last 30 years) but launching out of la gringa and heading north along the shore can be very productive. Plan trip around moon phases, full moon brings high tides and heavy currents. Smith Island and coranditos island are very doable in a yak from la gringa and the gap between them can be smokin hot for yellows up to 60 lbs and big groupers too. The back side of Smith can be very good as well, very deep. Small roosters and yellows can be caught from shore at la gringa. Best bet is to do a panga...go see Rubin Daggett or ask around at Guermos for a super panga (good place to stay and eat also). I always stay a few nights at the Diaz hotel just because of the history.
fishnstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:47 PM   #7
Zed
BANNED

Yeah he forgot to mention the krakken.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6130041.jpg (79.7 KB, 236 views)
Old 08-11-2018, 11:13 AM   #8
oceansdyaker
Junior

Hey Fishnstix, I can give my opinion on a place. So don't tell me to STFU. I fished Baja plenty of times. Keep your comments civil.
oceansdyaker is offline   Reply With Quote