Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2015, 07:40 PM   #1
dsutter775
Malibu X Factor

Something snapped my rod in half...

Hit up LJ yesterday. Hooked up on 4 yellow but landed zero. Also snapped my rod after a half hour fight with an unknown species. Couldnt get many decent bait so I chucked out an 18" mack for the hell of it. As soon as it hit the water a large boil crashed on it and took out at least a couple hundred yards on its first run. Went straight to the bottom and then out. After several of these runs, i got it to where we could see deep color and then snap! I continued to fight it for a few more minutez but the broke off rod ended up fraying the line and it was gone. Thinking it was a large seabass or a tuna but obviously unsure. Even though I snapped my rod and didnt land anything of quality, it was still a good day out on the water...oh and I rolled my yak in the surf on the way in. That was fun lol. Luckily nothing but some weights and hooks lost. Did have to go swimming for my bass rod though. It came off its leash somehow but I was able to find it in about 8 feet of water...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM00390.jpg (36.1 KB, 319 views)
File Type: jpg CAM00389.jpg (49.9 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg CAM00387.jpg (44.9 KB, 314 views)
dsutter775 is offline   Reply With Quote