Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #21
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Or a kayak with a motor on it
or a hooker with no teeth
Old 09-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #22
pino

I just got a new raptor sot last month,I tried it in long beach harbor 2 times to see how it handles and is very stable,is also as fast as the ocean prouler 13 I had.is very lithe.Imadding thing on it,I have a home made fish tank on it,I'm going to cabrillo this Saturdai. y fishing for the firts time on it ,I'll post pictures and let you know how it is .I like it very much so far.
pino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:35 AM   #23
Baitman
Junior

It's about 4 hours from Santa Cruz too... C'mon meet me half way
Baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #24
bigFISHINyak

Baitman.....I live here on the Central Coast and have actually had the opportunity to see one of these kayaks in person. it looks like it would hold up fairly well to decent conditions but I am more interested in how it would handle launches and landings. Does it get a little squirly???? How does it handle in mixed swells??? Seems like a lot of tail end movement but I wouldn't know without doing a demo. Not trying to mess with design but just curious about it. Looks like it would be great for going down a river and fly fishing in that is for sure! How is the storage??? Would be great to have the rod pod type application or have some sort of storage compartment near your leg so that you could put certain rods on certain sides while launching and landing. Just a couple thoughts.

Also, SD is a minimum of 4 hours to SLO and Cambria is another 30-40 minutes NW from there. Used to make the trek from SD to SLO every weekend for a few months. Watchout for highway patrol on the stretch from Ventura through Santa Maria on the 101. If you get pulled over.....don't say I didn't tell you.
bigFISHINyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:23 AM   #25
Baitman
Junior

Pismo Beach, Central Coast Kayaks has a demo boat. No better way to understand it than to take one for a test ride.
I've watched a guy stand up paddle and surf it all the way onto the beach. Wish I had the camera then... Stand up flyfishing would be better suited to the Sit In model. It's a little more stable and has that large flat platform in it below the waterline.
Mixed swells, large boat wakes... you just kinda forget they exist in this yak. Seriously,, not a salesman talking here. It's what I hear others say.
If you get time for a demo, I would love to get your opinion.

Going out through a big wave is always easy.. it's coming in that gets tricky.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #26
junglejim
Junior

got out on Saturday on my first trip. Only spent a couple hours mostly paddling although I did bring a rod. The kayak paddled well. I was able to stand up and fish. I have 2 ocean kayaks and have not been able to do that. You can move around quite easily with out fear of hitting the drink. This is a great kayak for someone wanting a stable platform to fish and still have some speed to get where you want. I did have some wind and waves and it did very well into both!
junglejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #27
Baitman
Junior

Opener of crab season up here in Half Moon Bay... Got 7 dungies in just a few hours of soak time. Flat water,,, SoCal like weather... Awesome day OTW

I'm headed down south next Monday, I have to be in Ontario.. Going to have a few days to kill. Anyone going out fishing that won't mind if I tag along with? I have no idea where to launch...
Thanks Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3034.jpg (97.4 KB, 49 views)