Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2017, 12:38 AM   #1
Cool
Junior

Talking Selling and Buying Premium Coolers

So as of now i'm keeping my catch in an Rtic 20 quart, but i'm finding that sometimes there just isn't enough space to bring a lot of ice out. I need a lot of ice because I live pretty far from where I fish, and once there's catch in the cooler, I have to dump a lot of the ice out.

I'm looking to either sell my current cooler if anyone's interested. It's in great condition and I can send pictures on request.

Otherwise, I'm looking to buy a bigger cooler of equal or better quality. Preferably something found on this list. Not the coleman xtreme however, but anything else should do. It must be bigger than 20 quarts.

I'm also willing to trade for my cooler plus cash if you'd like. Of course, this would depend on the model that you have.

Thanks for looking!
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:01 AM   #2
WARRIORMIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool View Post
So as of now i'm keeping my catch in an Rtic 20 quart, but i'm finding that sometimes there just isn't enough space to bring a lot of ice out. I need a lot of ice because I live pretty far from where I fish, and once there's catch in the cooler, I have to dump a lot of the ice out.

I'm looking to either sell my current cooler if anyone's interested. It's in great condition and I can send pictures on request.

Otherwise, I'm looking to buy a bigger cooler of equal or better quality. Preferably something found on this list. Not the coleman xtreme however, but anything else should do. It must be bigger than 20 quarts.

I'm also willing to trade for my cooler plus cash if you'd like. Of course, this would depend on the model that you have.

Thanks for looking!

Buy the Yeti ice. Freeze it the night before and it will last you all day. Without the mess of standard ice. Also pre chill your cooler the night before aaaaand try getting dry ice in combo of Yeti ice. It will save you room in cooler plus keeps it cold.
WARRIORMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:16 PM   #3
bwana

Canyon Coolers

I researched forever before purchasing. I don't see Canyon Coolers on your list.

I bought a Canyon Cooler Outfitter 125 Qt. Besides fishing, I also do a lot of camping and big game hunting.

No buyers remorse here, just the opposite - I could not be happier with it. Perfect size for my needs. Ice lasts forever.

I'll come home from a week of camping and leave beverages on the leftover ice with the cooler in my trailer. Days later I still have ice cold beer for the neighbors.

My neighbor has a Yeti 125 and now has Canyon envy. He paid $100+ extra for the brand name/marketing.
bwana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:51 PM   #4
2-Stix

I have 2 Yeti's and love them.
2-Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:14 PM   #5
Cool
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwana View Post
I researched forever before purchasing. I don't see Canyon Coolers on your list.

I bought a Canyon Cooler Outfitter 125 Qt. Besides fishing, I also do a lot of camping and big game hunting.

No buyers remorse here, just the opposite - I could not be happier with it. Perfect size for my needs. Ice lasts forever.

I'll come home from a week of camping and leave beverages on the leftover ice with the cooler in my trailer. Days later I still have ice cold beer for the neighbors.

My neighbor has a Yeti 125 and now has Canyon envy. He paid $100+ extra for the brand name/marketing.
So I looked into these coolers and they seem to be on par with all the other coolers on that list. So yes if anyone has a Canyone and wants to trade or sell I will be open to that too!

Otherwise, it seems like a lot of you guys love your coolers and aren't looking to trade/sell. Now i'm looking to buy a used cooler somewhere as I don't wanna shell out a ton of cash for a new big Yeti.

Any recommendations on where I can find one of the best coolers for cheap?
Old 04-03-2017, 04:08 PM   #6
Oxbeast1210

Do you have a picture of yours? and how much are you asking for it.
Oxbeast1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:57 PM   #7
GTboosted

If its just for catch I wouldn't spend alot on a cooler. Any marine cooler will be good enough.

I have a huge roto molded cooler and it is really heavy so i only use it when I go camping.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:49 AM   #8
WARRIORMIKE

Not gonna lie, I never thought that having a stupid high end cooler was going to make a difference. Was I wrong. Love my Yeti's. I wish I could afford the bigger one. Maybe one day I'll get the 65. I have the softcooler 45 size and the tumblers.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:57 AM   #9
GTboosted

I have a few nice coolers too. I love them for camping but I would probably never buy one just to store something for a day or two.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:04 AM   #10
farreola

Look into RTIC coolers. Same as Yeti, but 1/2 the price. They have a 30% sale going on right now. I have one and it is great. Went to Gonzaga in May with temps over 100 and regular cubed ice lasted a week.
farreola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:12 AM   #11
Iceman
Administrator

Signing up for a forum and putting a link in your first post usually smells like SPAM.

Maybe not..........
Old 04-04-2017, 09:17 AM   #12
WARRIORMIKE

Ive never tried putting spam in my Yeti? Or at least not yet???
Old 04-04-2017, 09:18 AM   #13
Iceman
Administrator

and Orion should be on your list.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:23 AM   #14
Pocoloco

CABELAS. 5 days cold in the mohave.
Pocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:28 PM   #15
Cool
Junior

So I listed the cooler in my local Craigslist and will probably selling to an interested buyer soon.

Otherwise, I still need to buy a cooler so please let me know if you have one for sale. Pictures will be required.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:22 AM   #16
jruiz
Large Member

Buy an insulated kill bag for on the water use then transfer your catch and ice to a normal cooler in your vehicle. Unless you have an 15 hour commute home, the coolers you're specifying are overkill.
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote