Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #21
Gino

If they arent eating the burned widows, then its irelevant of the point.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #22
GregAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
LMFAO I hear they taste like chicken.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #23
wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
They arent eating the whales meat either..
(Not that it makes it more acceptable to me personally..)

"It is in these islands, halfway between Scotland and Iceland, that the slaughter of entire pods of pilot whales takes place. Not for profit, but because it is considered by the islanders to be fun to kill them.
They do eat some whale meat but the flesh is so contaminated with mercury that Faeroese children have higher levels of mercury in their bodies than any other people on the planet. But the majority of the whales are killed and dumped at sea, and Sea Shepherd was able to secure evidence of this waste.."
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #24
Gino

Oh Wade I was talking along the lines of "the cove"

As far as the dutch killin Pilot whales. Id like to see the evidence that those kids have "They do eat some whale meat but the flesh is so contaminated with mercury that Faeroese children have higher levels of mercury in their bodies than any other people on the planet."

Im willing to bet there is some third world countries that have those kids topped! I think many years ago i heard that they were killing pilot whales for sport in the Norway, And in some of those countries its considered a Tradition. maybe im wrong about that. You got that picture of kids sitting on them as happy as can be. It seems to be a cultural norm for them. Its largely gone pretty unoticed around the world. So i dont think its a big deal, Just the Greenpeace crew reaching out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whaling..._Faroe_Islands I just looked that up, they have been doing it for alot longer than the US has been around. There tradition is pretty heavily regulated and followed. As much as I personally would not seek out to kill a whale. I dont see anything wrong with what they are doing. we are in the 21st century If it had little meaning to there cutral identity they would have given it up along time ago.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote